Windows 10: slow shutdown -- GDI+

Discus and support slow shutdown -- GDI+ in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; during shutdown, I get message that GDI+ is open, and is delaying the shutdown process what I tried: I ran troubleshooter/power, it just reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shmu26, Sep 3, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

slow shutdown -- GDI+

during shutdown, I get message that GDI+ is open, and is delaying the shutdown process
    what I tried:
    I ran troubleshooter/power, it just reset the power options to default, but did not solve the problem
    I ran sfc/scannow, it did not find any integrity violations.

:)

shmu26, Sep 3, 2016

2. GDI+ Window Computer Freeze

GDI+ was not completely migrated like GDI was when Windows Vista and above were being developed. Not many programs use GDI+ and those that do tend to be older.

Windows 10 Creator's Edition also shows GDI+ errors which suggests MSFT still has not fixed the API completely.

Hardcore Games™, Sep 3, 2016
  3. GDI+ Window Computer Freeze

Same here! Before shuting down I had issues with the sound of the computer - there was no sound at all. When I check in sound settings there was a massage that another device is being used. Then I tried to shutdown the machine and GDI+ Window was preventing
    the shutdown process. This is constant problem...

Любомир Любенов, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

slow shutdown -- GDI+

1. slow shutdown -- GDI+ - Similar Threads - slow shutdown GDI+

2. Slow Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown: Hello everyone my laptop was fine but today when i shut it down there were two or three apps which were preventing to shutdown. Two closed so quickly that i couldnt even see the name while one was realtek audio service which also closed quickly. Any fix for this because this...
  3. GDI+ window ccc.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GDI+ window ccc.exe: For the last couple of weeks, when I go to shutdown my PC, I'm getting a message that GDI+ window ccc.exe needs to close. What is causing this file to be open? I try to exit my programs before I shutdown the PC. If I click on shutdown anyhow, nothing seems to happen. Is this...
  4. Terrible slow shutdown!

Terrible slow shutdown!: I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it? 177039
  5. slow shutdown

slow shutdown: just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-shutdown/0c4677be-7179-41d0-9584-4457d8c88f95
  6. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  7. Slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow shutdown: I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was...
  8. Slow Shutdown Process

Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  9. Very slow shutdown

Very slow shutdown: I recently built a new system. only installed the latest version of windows that is out. Booted up into windows in 25 to 30 seconds but shutdown takes around 5 mins. 1.30 to get to blue shutdown screen. 1 min there. screen goes off then 2.30 for the fans to go off then power...
  10. Shutdown slow and strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown slow and strange: Just upgraded (via Windows Update) from Win 7 Pro to Windows 10. Upgrade generally went smoothly, but.... My PC now shuts down very slowly and oddly. The screen and keyboard turn off normally, in a few seconds, but the system box (fans, etc.) remain on for about 2-3 minutes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gdi window preventing shutdown