Windows 10: Slow shutdown windows 10

Discus and support Slow shutdown windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have a windows 10 laptop, 3 days old. When i shut it down, it takes several minutes before it shuts down. It's an acer aspire, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tzabcan, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Tzabcan Win User

Slow shutdown windows 10

Hi, i have a windows 10 laptop, 3 days old.

When i shut it down, it takes several minutes before it shuts down. It's an acer aspire, the screen goes off, but you can still hear the fan, and the blue light on the case at the front still flickers. Sometimes as long as ten minutes.

Slow shutdown windows 10 [​IMG]

I looked in the event viewer, the ms timing aren't that high. Any help?

Also, when i try to go on windows update, it just shows those dots going across forever, and never does anything.

:)

Tzabcan, Mar 29, 2016

2. Windows startup is very slow after updated windows

My PC is windows 10 Home Language. After updated windows my PC is too slow working when Startup and shutdown. I have cleaned all Temp files and "Windows.old" folder. Now my PC is very slow to startup and shutdown.

Nishikanta Wangkhem, Mar 29, 2016
  3. dodi2khan Win User
    Windows 10 Slow startup and shutdown

Hi

After upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 my system start and shutdown very slow please help about this issue.

Thanks

dodi2khan, Mar 29, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Slow shutdown windows 10

Slow shutdowns are usually due to a process that does not close properly when PC is shutting down.
    This service is important to be running, Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy.

Have you added any software or hardware since this occurred ? Try this first.

Open (Admin) Command Prompt and copy and paste the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

After the other completes in the same open command prompt, Copy and paste this and press enter

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot after both commands are complete.

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  5. Tzabcan Win User
    Thanks *Biggrin Solved it!

Tzabcan, Mar 30, 2016
  6. zztemp Win User
    EDIT: guess i'm too late *Smile

zztemp, Mar 30, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Welcome, glad it helped !! *Thumbs

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  8. Slow shutdown windows 10

Hi I solved it a much easier way ! I was called out urgently and couldn't afford to wait the 8 minutes it was taking to shut down. I saw the HD light wasn't flickering so I thought, the thing isn't doing anything anyway, so I just unplugged it from the wall and left ! And that was it ! ever since then (4 days ago), I've had super fast boot ups AND shut-downs. Perfect ! Maybe it would have been more dangerous if the PC didn't have a hard-drive light and you did it when the HD was doing something. I don't know. It worked for me !

BigBravo21, May 10, 2016
  9. Hi,

Thank you very much for your help it saved me a lot of time.

thank you once again.

keerthyinfo, Jul 29, 2016
  10. Hi,
    Thank you very much you saved my time.
    once again thank you.

keerthyinfo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow shutdown windows 10

1. Slow shutdown windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow shutdown

2. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  3. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  4. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  5. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  6. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  8. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  9. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  10. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece