Windows 10: Slow shutdown with event id errors

Discus and support Slow shutdown with event id errors in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit, latest version, is working fine on my Toshiba i7 laptop with 8 Gb ram. But I have problems with shutdowns when I click on restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Curious Win User

Slow shutdown with event id errors

Windows 10 64 bit, latest version, is working fine on my Toshiba i7 laptop with 8 Gb ram. But I have problems with shutdowns when I click on restart. It seems to take far too long to shutdown. I am not sure how to find out why but when checking out the event viewer, I found several shutdown errors (some critical and some warnings). So I got the following screen shots (not sure how I got there) which seem to reveal several errors during shutdown. When I click on the web link I get a non working website.

Question:
    1. How do I find out what is making shutdowns so slow when I click restart? (I "think" Shutdown seems faster if I just click on shutdown instead of restart)
    2. What problem do these screenshots of error indicate and how do I fix them?
    Thank you
    Edit:
    Got to those screens: Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Component services. Event viewer(Local) -Applications and Services Logs - Microsoft -Windows - Diagnostics Performance - Operational.

Here are some recent error screenshots which occur in both shutdown and bootups.
    As can be seen this is a problem that goes back to 2016.

:)

Curious, Oct 4, 2017

2. event id: 1073 - windows 10 was prevented by an App to restart

Hi, each time I must force to restart/shutdown my PC.

An app is preventing it to restart/shutdown.

Event viewer gives me this - event id: 1073.

BravoCharlie789, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler error 203 - doesn't happen in Windows 7

I have created an event-driven task that responds to Event IDs 21, 24, and 25 from the Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager/Operational log. These events are created when someone remotes into a machine. I want to install it on all our staf
    desktops (University of Auckland Business School).

It runs a simple Powershell script on one of these events and works fine in Windows 7. In Windows 10 it also works with one exception. An Event ID 24 (disconnexion) sent from a remote machine works for a simple disconnexion. If the remote user shutdown down
    or restarts the machine he is logged into, an Event ID 24 is, indeed, generated in the log. This does, indeed, trigger the task. But the Task Scheduler responds with a Task Scheduler error Event ID 203, ‘Action failed to start’ and generates an error 2147943515
    (0X8007045B); then a Task Scheduler error Event ID 101, ‘Action failed to start’, with the same error. This is really a problem as we need to record the amount of time our users spend remoting to their machines. To be sure, a remote shutdown or restart might
    not be common but I want to capture this information as well as normal disconnexions.

Really driving me crazy! It works fine in Windows 7, where most of our machines now are, but we are in process of moving everyone to Windows 10.

, University of Auckland Business School Information Services

John Thayer Jensen, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Slow shutdown with event id errors

Caledon Ken, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Curious Win User
    Performed the clean boot. Still have the delay in shutdown. But I can't check the event errors like before because of the limitations.

I had no internet in safeboot. But I got to the instructions on my phone and rebooted to normal but hit a big problem
    error your pc needs to be repaired. A required file is missing.
    what do I do now?

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  6. You were supposed to do a Clean Boot, it seems you booted to Safe Mode. Were you in Safe Mode.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  7. Curious Win User
    I misspoke. I followed the instructions in the link which took me to a clean boot. I plan to use a macrium rescue disk and restore a recent image backup of the system partition. Once my nerves settle down.... Hope that fixes things.
    Makes a slow shutdown seem like a minor nuisance!

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  8. Slow shutdown with event id errors

Un-nerved me too. Been that kind of day, was on chat line with Quicken. Pulled the plug before my file was rendered useless.

Something ain't right. If performing a standard clean boot puts you system in ditch then after you've restored I would start with

SFC /scannow

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  9. Curious Win User
    Yeah, there are days like that.
    The clean boot went well. It's when I followed the final instructions to return to a "normal" boot that things went crazy.

Once I restore (by tomorrow) I will definitely scan the drive.

(Don't even get me started on Quicken).

Thanks for being there Ken.

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  10. Curious Win User
    I'm dead in the water. There seems to be no system (I think) on the laptop's hard drive. I restored the c partition and W 10 system from macrium backup but it still won't boot from the hdd. I also have a W 10 rescue usb but it won't boot from there and I can't access the bios despite numerous tries. It will boot with a macrium rescue cd which is how I restored but still won't boot from hdd.
    Fortunately I have recent backups for my data.

Not sure I want to leave the laptop in a repair shop where they can copy all my personal data. Safest bet may be buying a new laptop on which to restore my data.

Since it won't boot from the USB (Toshiba laptop) but will boot from a cd, is there a W 10 cd I can download to boot from into windows? This laptop had w7 originally upgraded to W 10.

Bad day.......

Edit
    Downloaded W 10 iso . Reinstalling windows. Fortunately it is in a separate partition from my data partition. Will still need to reinstall all my programs unless I can restore from image backup. (After I check the hdd integrity). Light at the end of the tunnel? What a waste of time.

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  11. Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  12. Curious Win User
    Thank you. I'll get that.
    I don't know why either but I'm at least back in business. I suspect something I inadvertently did or a hdd problem. I will investigate once I'm all restored.
    Thanks for the support.

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  13. Curious Win User

Update, fwiw
    after reinstalling W 10 and then restoring my c: from image backup, things were still not right.

Exploring, I discovered that was because the drive letters were changed. Based on content my E: became D, H: became E. Don't know where c: went because I had installed the new W 10 on what is now c:. No wonder it wouldn't boot! If I had realized that sooner I might perhaps have solved my problems by booting into something and fixing the drive letter assignments. Weird. Don't know how that could have happened. Glad it's over.

Curious, Oct 5, 2017
  14. Okay but does it shutdown properly? Well done. You literally have to be Sherlock Homes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  15. With attached batch script Windows can automatically close programs that is not responding during shutdown. Please execute the batch script as a administrator.

FreeBooter, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Slow shutdown with event id errors - Similar Threads - Slow shutdown event

2. Computer suddenly shutdown, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly shutdown, Event ID 41: I have this problem several times these days, my screen suddenly turn black with no warning and then my computer reboot. I'm using a laptop, plugged in. Troubleshoot on power found no problem. Each time reboot these is a system event 41 with bugCheckCode 59 or 126. Here are...
  3. Help Error pc shutdown event id 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Error pc shutdown event id 6008: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-ISVO0wFcBca5h_ABt_I9yDbA?e=mE3Eksplease help someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-error-pc-shutdown-event-id-6008/d7b3292a-e2df-40c0-b622-958d0667b1b1
  4. Slow shutdown with event id 200 and 203

Slow shutdown with event id 200 and 203: hi, every time i shutdown my laptop it takes unusual time and logging warning 200 and 203 in event viewer, i tried selective shutdown with non microsoft services turned off but the result is same, can anyone help me solve this thing..[ATTACH]...
  5. Random shutdowns Event ID 6008

Random shutdowns Event ID 6008: Hello, Over the past month I've had 10 random shutdown events. Checking temperatures seemed to indicate nothing wrong, though I did also clean the case of my PC for good measure. The hardware seems fine, the memory has no issues, the hard drives seem fine. There was an...
  6. Windows Random Shutdowns Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Random Shutdowns Event ID 41: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home. I recently purchased this new PC from NewEgg. On day one of receiving the PC I booted and set up for first time use. After installing my typical programs like Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and a few games from Steam. I launched first games on...
  7. Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update: I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow. Amongst other things, I have - ran the Power Troubleshooter ran SFC / SCANNOW verified that...
  8. Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109: Several times over the last few weeks, I noticed that my computer (Dell Optiplex 9020) had rebooted while left on overnight. Then today, without warning, the light blue (not BSOD) WIn 10 Restarting screen appeared while I was doing something noninvasive, like checking email....
  9. Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown: For the past few days I've been getting Event ID 10005 multiple times whenever I shut down my computer. Everything still runs just fine and this error seems superficial, but I would prefer to keep my event log clean as possible. DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start...
  10. Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown: Got these on my shutdown last night, I don't think I have got them before. What are they exactly? The NgcCtnrSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error: The security account manager (SAM)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow performance event errors