Windows 10: Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB

Discus and support Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm using Win10 x64 and Intel 520 240GB SSD: [img] For my mobo, Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe, I downloaded the official asus chipset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gil, Feb 22, 2016.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB

Hi all,

I'm using Win10 x64 and Intel 520 240GB SSD:

Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB [​IMG]

For my mobo, Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe, I downloaded the official asus chipset drivers.
    There is one for Win8.1 x64 and a Beta version for Win10.

The chipset driver for Win8.1 has installed the following:
    1. under Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controller > Inter 7 series/C216 chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
    2. Version 12.8.0.1016 - Date 2013/08/01

If I install the Asus Win10 chipset driver, then instead of the Inel SATA controller, I'll end up having Standard SATA controller by Microsoft.

I'm currently using the Asus beta Win10 chipset driver, however I manually installed the Intel SATA controller which is officially supported on Win8.1 and is digitally signed.

I ran two SSD benchmark test with AS SSD (latest version).

With just the official Win8.1 chipset driver as mentioned above, I'm getting the following results:

With the Win10 beta chipset driver and the Standard SATA controller by Microsoft:

And here are the test results made by Intel SSD 520 Series Solid State Drive | Intel,SSD,520 Series,Solid State Drive,SSDSC2CW240A3,Benchmarks,Performance,Reviews,Olin Coles,Intel SSD 520 Series Solid State Drive SSDSC2CW240A3 Benchmark Performance Review by Olin Coles

Can you spot the difference???

I'm wondering if someone here can please guide me and see if it's possible to improve the results.

:)

2. VinnyHaw Win User

Clean Install of W10 and I'm getting lags/freezes

Rig:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard - MSI B350 Tomahawk

Memory - 16 GB ( 8x2) G. Skill Ripjaw X 2400 Mhz

GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 1080

HDD - 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HDD - 3TB Seagate Barracuda

SSD - 240GB Seagate Series 600 (Boot)

SSD - 60GB Intel SSD

So 2 months ago I updated my old rig to this. I reused my hdd's/ssd's. At first I just plugged them all into the new mobo and used them without reinstalling W10. Well I had enough issues with that, so 2 nights ago I reinstalled W10 on my 240GB SSD.

But now I'm having new issues. Some programs will freeze up and tell me that they're not responding. If I wait 10ish seconds then they come back to life. I also get slow downs when copying/deleting files. The freezing carries over to games like Overwatch
    and Far Cry 5.

Since reinstalling W10 I haven't OC'd my CPU or turned my memory up to 3200 MHz, so everything is still stock.

I've made sure to install all W10 updates.

VinnyHaw, Feb 22, 2016
  3. jep1946 Win User
    w-10 requirements

My question is ----I have a Intel Q9550 QUAD core cpu---8GB Ram---240GB SSD with W-7 Pro and Microsoft states that the CPU is not compatible and I am wandering why? Thanks for any help! James Pack

jep1946, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB

Sorry man but I think that speed is quite well, may I ask you what is the speed should be ? (I mean what is your SSD's true speed)

phamthanhnhan, Feb 22, 2016
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    it should be as in the last image.

6. Sorry, but your speeds are within the margin of error. You cannot get exact results no matter how many times you run the same benchmark. You'll never get close to what Intel lists.

logicearth, Feb 22, 2016
  7. GIL
    gil Win User
    I'm not looking to get Intel results. It should be Just like the last screenshot because I used to get the exact results with slight variations, unlike my current benchmarks

Thema:

Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB

1. Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB - Similar Threads - Slow SSD speeds

2. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  3. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  4. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Suddenly slow SSD speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly slow SSD speed: I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't remember messing with any settings maybe I have I'm not sure but I've also been getting FPS drops in games....
  6. Suddenly slow SSD speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly slow SSD speed: I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't remember messing with any settings maybe I have I'm not sure but I've also been getting FPS drops in games....
  7. intel hd graphics 520 premiere

in Windows 10 Customization
    intel hd graphics 520 premiere: hello, i have problem with premeire pro I get massage intel hd graphics 520 the driver fix it for 3 day onley. I spoke with adobe company and they tod me to contact you for help. thanks, noam moreno...
  8. Slow SSD Write Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...
  9. Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange): I am currently using Fujitsu Lifebook E736 with an Intel HD Graphics 520. Everytime after i've travel for a few days and when i try to dock the laptop on a port replicator. There is no output, like it did not detect it at all. Then i try connecting it directly using the VGA...
  10. Announcing Intel Optane SSD 900P Series

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Intel Optane SSD 900P Series: Intel today announced the launch of the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series, the first SSD for desktop PC and workstation users built on Intel® Optane™ technology. Intel, in collaboration with Roberts Space Industries*, announced the new SSD at CitizenCon, a Star Citizen community...