Windows 10: Slow Startup

Discus and support Slow Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win 10 boots up but takes 10-15min before I can access anything on lower tool bar..... 46266 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gadingus, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Gadingus Win User

Slow Startup

Win 10 boots up but takes 10-15min before I can access anything on lower tool bar.....

:)

Gadingus, Apr 4, 2016
  2. MatsEk1 Win User

Slow startup

Hi

I have problems with my Windows 10 PC at startup:

• login takes about 20 min for one users. All other users starts normally as before in say 5-10 sec
    • It is not possible to log in using error safe mode, "password is invalid", for any user
    • It is not possible to run windows defender on this "erroneous" user, to check on the existence of virus. When running defender for other users finds no threats
    • CPU is running at 15% all the time when finally being logged on.
    • Cannot start or stop Window edge!
    I am also running office 365 on the same machine.

Can you give suggestions on what to do, should I delete the user which has the problem?

Thanks in advance

Matt

MatsEk1, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Slow startup

Michelle -

Back up your files, then use whichever method works in this link to
    Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10.
    Easiest is to access any power button to choose Restart while holding the Ctrl button.

[If none of the other methods work it may be necessary to create a
    Recovery drive
    or Create Windows 10 Installation Media on another PC.
    This media provides the most stable way to do booted repairs and also allows if necessary doing the vastly superior
    Clean Install Windows 10.

Insert media, boot it by powering up PC while pressing the BIOS Boot Menu Key, choose the
    boot device as a UEFI device if offered, then on second screen choose Repair Your Computer]

In the Advanced Troubleshooting options try to System Restore to a point before the problems
    began, then if necessary from Startup Settings try to get into Safe Mode with Networking, or lastly Safe Mode.
    If Startup Settings aren't available you can force Safe Mode from Command Prompt using the commands here in
    How to enter Windows 10's Safe Mode.

From Safe Mode w/Networking work through the
    Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist.

If Safe Mode doesn’t work or help stabilize things then return to Advanced Troubleshoot options. Next try Command Prompt to run
    Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist repair commands
    including sfc /scannow to see if it will repair, or return to Troubleshoot options to Use A Device to boot memory test and if necessary
    Reset Your Windows 10 PC This will reinstall the OS while saving your files which sheds the crippling bloatware.

Better yet do the vastly superior
    Clean Install Windows 10
    following the steps in the link to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest. After install reactivate with your Product Key, automatically from embedded Product Key if a
    factory install or if free Upgrade has already activated so that it has permanent Digital Entitlement.
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help.

If these fail you can try to run Factory Recovery from it’s hotkey at boot; find yours by googling the “PC make/model + Run Factory Recovery” or refer to standard
    Factory Recovery methods. After Recovery mitigate the inferior factory install with the Checklist steps
    from earlier.

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Slow Startup

Follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel
    2. In the right corner type in "Power Options". Click it when it pops up
    3. Click on the left side "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Check on "Turn on fast startup"

Try that and see if that works. *Smile

Or if all else fails, press ALT + F4 and click on "Restart" and your problem should go away. Mine does that once in a great while.

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow Startup

1. Slow Startup - Similar Threads - Slow Startup

2. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  3. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  4. windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?: Hi,when I login, all my startup applications like skype, teams, onedrive... takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load all of them.and I have a very fast computer.how I can improve this?is it possible to force windows starting all these applications in parallel?from what I can see...
  5. windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?

windows is slow to start all the startup applications, how to improve it?: Hi,when I login, all my startup applications like skype, teams, onedrive... takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load all of them.and I have a very fast computer.how I can improve this?is it possible to force windows starting all these applications in parallel?from what I can see...
  6. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  7. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  8. external drive makes pc slow on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    external drive makes pc slow on startup: when I turn on the pc with a specific hard drive my pc takes forever to start up google and discord I've tried changing cables, deleting a few things and the drive is not even half full but when I connect drive #2 it works fine, I'm not sure what it is or what caused this...
  9. external drive makes pc slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external drive makes pc slow on startup: when I turn on the pc with a specific hard drive my pc takes forever to start up google and discord I've tried changing cables, deleting a few things and the drive is not even half full but when I connect drive #2 it works fine, I'm not sure what it is or what caused this...
  10. external drive makes pc slow on startup