Windows 10: slow transfer using USB3

Discus and support slow transfer using USB3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi as the title says I cant seem to get what used to be hi speed data transfers on my 2 win 10 devices, a custom build PC and a surface pro 3. Prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by razy60, Aug 12, 2015.

1. razy60 Win User

slow transfer using USB3

Hi as the title says I cant seem to get what used to be hi speed data transfers on my 2 win 10 devices, a custom build PC and a surface pro 3. Prior to the update I would see a transfer speed of at least 100-148mb now I'm lucky to see 60mb.
    Hopefully someone has an idea as to what's going on.

:)

razy60, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Tesla3D Win User
    Tesla3D, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Dropped My USB3 Capability

After my upgrade from Win7Pro to Win10Pro and with NO other changes other than the upgrade itself, I lost USB3 capability.

What appears to be obvious at this point is that there is a conflict between Win10 and my USB3 drivers that I cannot resolve.

I tried deleting the drivers and letting Windows look for new ones, but the same drivers are installed.

My host controller is the "ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft)", and "USB Mass Storage Device" IS reported to be present in Device Manager.

However, either the USB3 device (thumb drive) isn't recognized, or, it will sometimes work but obviously at standard USB speeds.

I do a lot of backup transfers to USB3 thumb drives and this is a major issue considering the sizes of some of the files I am transferring.

My system is an AMD processor on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard running the 64bit Windows10.

Treelander, Aug 12, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

slow transfer using USB3

A semi-random suggestion:

Have you installed the chipset drivers for your motherboards?

Win10 includes many drivers, but I'm not sure that they're all optimal.

(Did you mean 60mb/s or 60 MB/s, bits or bytes? 60MB/s = 480 Mb/s is the transfer rate limit for USB2, if memory serves.)

bobkn, Aug 12, 2015
  5. razy60 Win User
    60MB. Seems odd that 2 devices have the same problem, one being a Microsoft device. As far a chipsets go I have no errors being reported and have installed the latest version I can find for each.

razy60, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

slow transfer using USB3

1. slow transfer using USB3 - Similar Threads - slow transfer using

2. Slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  3. since upgrade win10H2 usb3 transfer speeds cut +75%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    since upgrade win10H2 usb3 transfer speeds cut +75%: was running win10 2004, then upgraded to H2. Now Macrium Reflect that was pushing over 500megs over my usb3 port is pushing 56megs for backups. . I have gone into the external USB drive and enabled disk write caching with zero speed increased. This is a seagate 5gig expansion...
  4. Bluetooth slow transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth slow transfer: Hello, I have Hp Pavillion G4-1303au, I recently reset my laptop, and after that I saw my bluetooth driver was missing. Then I install bluetooth driver but my bluetooth transfer speed is too slow, 1MB size of file is taking 15min to transfer....
  5. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  6. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  7. Speed up USB3 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed up USB3 File Transfer: I was copying some large Hyper-V vhds to an external ssd from an internal ssd via usb3, and I was getting a sedate 130 MBS even through the ssds can handle close to 500 MB/S and USB3 can handle up to 480 MB/s. Of course, we all know that in the real world, you are lucky if...
  8. Will using a usb3 gen2 thumb drive on a pc result in quicker transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will using a usb3 gen2 thumb drive on a pc result in quicker transfer: USB 3.1 gen 1 maxes out at around 600MB/s. The fastest "thumb drive" I see on UserBenchmark.com is about 370MB/s. So for any "thumb drive" sized device you will most likely not see any improvement going from gen 1 to gen 2. Exactly!
  9. Sharing EXT4 formatted HDD (USB3) with Windows -- slow performance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing EXT4 formatted HDD (USB3) with Windows -- slow performance: Hi there Sharing a LOCAL USB3 HDD with windows I'm not getting very fast transfer for USB 3. Local USB 3 HDD attached to a VM machine on Windows HOST. HDD shared with Windows and VM via SAMBA. Transfer speed though seems slow for USB 3. EXT4 file system is usually V....
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....