Windows 10: Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update

Discus and support Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My interent on my custom desktop, as far as I can remember, has functioned fine for a long time now. However, after upgrading to windows 10 and having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zander490, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Zander490 Win User

Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update

My interent on my custom desktop, as far as I can remember, has functioned fine for a long time now. However, after upgrading to windows 10 and having it around for a while, I noticed a sharp decrease in internet speed. I've tried multiple solutions, but nothing seems to have worked. It only seemed to start occurring after installing Windows 10.

My specs:

• Service: Cable
    • Provider: AT&T
    • Connection: Wifi
    • Adapter: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop
    • Model: Custom
    • SpeedTest: 1.80 Mbps

Attempted Fixes (X = No effect, 0 = Some effect, ? = Unknown effect)
    X Automatic Troubleshooter
    X Driver update (Link: Intel Download Center )
    X Virus Scan
    X Removing excess browser extensions (Chrome)
    X Clearing Cache (Chrome)
    0 Booting to Ubuntu? (Faster speeds after idling for a while)
    ? Switching to Microsoft Edge (12 Mbps on 8/8, 2.41 Mbps on 8/9)
    X Booting into Safe Mode with Networking (No Wifi option)
    X Disabling Internet sharing option
    X Disabled Power Saving option on Wifi adapter
    X Switching to FireFox (2.12 Mbps)
    X Turned off sending updates to other computers
    X Turned off nearby A/V Receiver with bluetooth and radio
    X Rolled back wifi adapter driver
    X Updated Wifi Adapter via Windows Update
    X Reset Network Settings ("ipconfig / release, ipconfig /renew")
    X Uninstalling (and Deleting) Wifi Driver
    X Reverting to windows 7

Notes

• Laptop with similar (if not the same) adapter connects normally (Acer Aspire V 15)
    • Started after Updating to windows 10 (May not have noticed until now
    • Worked fine on windows 7
    • Wireless Network Connection Status > General > COnnection > Speed: 144 Mbps ~ 52 Mbps
    • Analyzed hard disk for needed Defragmentation, 0% fragmented
    • Using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

:)

Zander490, Aug 8, 2015
  2. ZTHero Win User

Windows 10 upgrade slowed down my internet

Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 1502 to 1703, my internet has been unstable and slow. Normally, I would have a ping around 10-20 and a download speed of 1 Mb/s. Now with the upgrade to 1703, I have a ping ranging from 300-600 and a download speed
    of less than 70 kb/s and even internet stopping. I have downloaded and updated my LAN and motherboard drivers. Any help to fix this issue is appreciated.

ZTHero, Aug 8, 2015
  3. dicjones Win User
    Unstable Windows 10

Several months ago I up graded my Win7 to Win 10. Shortly after update from MS Win 10 became very unstable; need to reboot the computer, very little control of the courser, very slow responses and some sites not recognizing my computer. What can I do
    to correct this problem?

dicjones, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Zander490 Win User

I fixed it! Turns out it wasn't the operating system at all. Apparently I had mistakenly installed a program called "cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator + Ping Optimizer" during my transition to Windows 10, thinking it was an essential driver. I disabled it by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection Properties > Networking and deselecting "cFosSpeed for faster internet connections (NDIS 6)". This instantly improved my download and upload speeds. I've uninstalled it now, and XfastLan is bringing up an error, but the internet speed is still improved.

Zander490, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Holy crap. That was my problem as well. And I didn't think it was because it's software that came from Asus as part of it's driver download for my z170-a motherboard (just built a new computer).

Running a speedtest before I disabled it I was getting like 1mbs per second download. I could hardly do anything on the computer. After I disabled it, the speedtest now shows my download speed being 90mbs. That's a 9000% increase in speed!

Thank you. I've been racking my head over this for almost two days straight. I even went out and bought a new PCI wireless card because I thought my old one was broken with Windows 10/new motherboard. The whole time it was this crap software Asus is bundling with their install CD.

asauterChicago, Apr 9, 2016
  6. gadfly Win User
    hello,
    i have a dell n5110 i7 laptop. i can use wireless normally with other laptops, tablet and smartphones. but on this dell n5110 i have a very low speed i just can down load at 140 kb per second and at the time of downloading with this speed my whole wireless internet doesn't work on other laptops like at the moment i haven't internet on the others!!!! even on this dell when downloading at 140kb/s i can't even open a website. i update the network driver many times and it didn't work. either i haven't bluetooth on this laptop.
    anybody can help me? i don't want to roll back on windows 7. windows 7 wireless driver don't run on 10.
    thanks for helping....

gadfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update - Similar Threads - Slow Unstable Internet

2. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet slow speeds very unstable: Not sure why but my ethernet speeds on task manager is showing very unstable and in kbps but if i use speed test i get 250 MBPS and upload 30MBPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-slow-speeds-very-unstable/9e33d231-b624-45e7-a892-0acd42f13ed9
  3. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet slow speeds very unstable: Not sure why but my ethernet speeds on task manager is showing very unstable and in kbps but if i use speed test i get 250 MBPS and upload 30MBPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-slow-speeds-very-unstable/9e33d231-b624-45e7-a892-0acd42f13ed9
  4. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow and unstable upload speeds on windows 10

Slow and unstable upload speeds on windows 10: I bought a new pc and I was using it with a wifi adapter. The problem with wifi was I wasn't getting stable speeds. Then I connected my pc with ethernet cable cat6 and saw my download speed was stable enough but my upload speeds are very much unstable and slow. On wifi I was...
  6. Slow internet speed after updating to KB4558244

Slow internet speed after updating to KB4558244: Recently I noticed a significant drop in internet download speed in Windows 10. Therefore I reinstalled it cleanly, without any drivers extra or software. After installing this update my download speed drops to a third of the normal speed. I can install and deinstall the...
  7. Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed: I have a rather fast internet connection, can't really tell the tech stuff as I am not that techsavvy. But lately everytime an update is ready to be installed, my internet is extremely slow for some reason, most of the time when I install updates it always says "Undoing...
  8. After windows update internet speed is very slow

After windows update internet speed is very slow: Hi Team, Recently i have updated Windows 10 ( Auto-update), after that iam experiencing slowness in my internet connection, The internet speed on laptop is not even touching more than 10 Mbps And from my mobile handset it goes upto 30 Mbps. My laptop network adapter...
  9. Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809: Be advised your internet download speed as tested at speedtest.net or fast.com may drop to around 5Mbps after Windows update 1809 is applied. Your upload speed will remain unaffected. The fix is to update your network card/chip drivers. This problem should have been...
  10. Unstable fan speed after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unstable fan speed after 1803 update: Actually, I might be imagining things. But I am noticing my CPU fan is running erratically. I have the PM set to balance. I have a custom desktop. Specs are Asus Sabertooth Z170s, i5 6600K 4.2 ghz using a Coolmaster EVO cooler. 16 gigs DDR4-3000 (2 x 8 gig sticks), Gigabyte...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10