Windows 10: Slow USB Transfer rate

Discus and support Slow USB Transfer rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Slow USB Transfer rate

My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that speed if I am lucky. Not plugged into a USB hub or anything, straight into the port. IS there some setting I am missing? TIA guys

:)

DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015

2. Copying backups very slow

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us and sorry for the inconvenience.

Try updating the USB port driver by following my previous response. If your computer has USB 1.0 port the transfer rate will be slow. In order to have high speed transfer rate you need to have USB 2.0 port or USB 3.0 port on the computer.

Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 23, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Nokia N81 8GB

Build quality, well, may be a subject of the issues but the speed, stability seemed to be better.

Another downfall is the slow USB transfer rate.Slow USB Transfer rate :(

korngear, Dec 23, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Slow USB Transfer rate

No. The device must be USB3 too. You are getting proper speeds.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 23, 2015
  5. Crap, Thought it clocked down to the device. Thanks.

DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    480 mbps is the MAX speed of a USB 2.0 buss and other factors like type of data and the speed of the HDD involved will not meet that speed.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow USB Transfer rate

1. Slow USB Transfer rate - Similar Threads - Slow USB Transfer

2. usb transfer is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb transfer is very slow: File transfer from my Dell Precision to a the USB is fast, then it slow dramatically down and stops after 10 seconds. I have updated the drive and it is working property.Dell has not been helpfull becuase it is just out of the warrentee....
  3. usb transfer is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb transfer is very slow: File transfer from my Dell Precision to a the USB is fast, then it slow dramatically down and stops after 10 seconds. I have updated the drive and it is working property.Dell has not been helpfull becuase it is just out of the warrentee....
  4. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  5. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  6. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hard drive transfer rate slow-help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive transfer rate slow-help: Sorry for my language ı am not native,Hi, I have a 1TB Internal Hard Drive of Toshiba brand it have 5400rpm in past it transfer rate used to go 60 to 80 m/b continuously, but now it start from 60 to 80 m/b for only one second and degrade to 10 to 30 m/b. When I got this...
  8. Slow data transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow data transfer rate: I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s 151820
  9. VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate: I am not sure if I am having a software setting or hardware issue. I just installed a new SSD in my laptop no problem there, instead of wasting the original 2TB HDD I bought a CDROM Caddy to replace the CDROM drive. The 2TB HDD is secured in the caddy and connected via the...
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow usb 3 transfer rate

2. usb transfer rate