Windows 10: Slow USB Transfer rate

Discus and support Slow USB Transfer rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Slow USB Transfer rate

My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that speed if I am lucky. Not plugged into a USB hub or anything, straight into the port. IS there some setting I am missing? TIA guys

:)

DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015

2. Copying backups very slow

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us and sorry for the inconvenience.

Try updating the USB port driver by following my previous response. If your computer has USB 1.0 port the transfer rate will be slow. In order to have high speed transfer rate you need to have USB 2.0 port or USB 3.0 port on the computer.

Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 23, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Nokia N81 8GB

Build quality, well, may be a subject of the issues but the speed, stability seemed to be better.

Another downfall is the slow USB transfer rate.Slow USB Transfer rate :(

korngear, Dec 23, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Slow USB Transfer rate

No. The device must be USB3 too. You are getting proper speeds.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 23, 2015
  5. Crap, Thought it clocked down to the device. Thanks.

DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    480 mbps is the MAX speed of a USB 2.0 buss and other factors like type of data and the speed of the HDD involved will not meet that speed.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow USB Transfer rate

1. Slow USB Transfer rate - Similar Threads - Slow USB Transfer

2. USB Transfer speed very slow on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Transfer speed very slow on windows 10: I am trying to transfer some files from my PC to flash drive and it is transferring the files very slowly. The speed it is giving is around 3-4 MB/s only. I have checked my flash drive on another computer and it is working fine. I tried reinstalling windows and it worked. I...
  3. Slow USB 3.0 transfer speed

Slow USB 3.0 transfer speed: Hi, I recently bought a Seagate 5TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch hard drive. I have a few other drives of the same make and type. I'm trying to transfer 2TB worth of data between the hard drives. The 2 hard drives are connected to a USB 3.0 Hub. When transferring...
  4. fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive: Some years back before I had USB 3.0 capability I purchased a Patriot 128GB Blitz USB 3.0 128GB Blitz Flash Drive. Don't recall if I checked the read/ write at the time or if I read reviews. Besides it said "Blitz" and it was a fancy racing yellow color. Turns out a short...
  5. Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files: Hello, I have a problem when I moved files from drive to drive I have 3 drives include - SSD1 which come with notebook - SSD2 Samsung EVO 970 and HDD which come with notebook At first, I moved files from SSD1 to HDD and it was very slow It has many cases include -...
  6. My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow

My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow: I have tried updating my drivers but dont consider that. You can suggest a link to the drivers that might solve the problem. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 310-15Ikb...
  7. Expected transfer rate Windows 10 to USB 3.0 Stick

Expected transfer rate Windows 10 to USB 3.0 Stick: Bonjour, I am questionning a lot the usual transfer rate Windows offers for different file transfers. For example, what transfer rate should I expect from Windows 10 USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 Kingston stick. I know Kingston are not the top of the line but they are far from...
  8. Understanding data transfer rates

Understanding data transfer rates: Greetings - with much trepidation about whatever it is I'm not grasping, I humbly ask for some help here. While 'watching' a large download (a game) on Task Manager and Resource Monitor, I see different data transfer rates in different units. Task Manager may indicate I'm...
  9. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....
  10. VERY Slow transfer rates between separate internal HDD's

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    VERY Slow transfer rates between separate internal HDD's: I've got a 2Tb disk which is almost full. I'm trying to copy the contents to a 3Tb disk, however, i'm getting ridiculously slow transfer rates. I've tried cloning, and it gives me estimated completion of cloning of over 30 days. I've tried Teracopy, and it gives me similar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow usb 3 transfer rate

2. usb transfer rate