Windows 10: Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Slow user switch after Anniversary Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ever since the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing very slow user changes between different accounts. Prior to the update it took 2-3 seconds.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by winuser2016, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

Ever since the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing very slow user changes between different accounts. Prior to the update it took 2-3 seconds. Now, when I attempt to switch between different user accounts that are logged in, I timed it at about 18 seconds. During that time, windows is just displaying a black screen.

This may seem like a minor issue to some, but it is very frustrating. I have an HP Spectre X360 and one of the main reasons I paid more for a higher end laptop with an SSD was to be able to perform routine operations with minimal latency.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

More generally, how could I go about optimizing my system for fast user account switching? There is lots of advice out there on how to decrease boot time, but I have seen little on how to speed up user switching.

:)

winuser2016, Aug 26, 2016

2. Switch user at Picture Password Lock Screen Windows 10

Problem solved with Anniversary Windows 10 update Slow user switch after Anniversary Update :)

Now all users are displayed on left side of picture password screen after you tab on "switch user"

Thx MS!

KevinCloch, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Repair disk not working properly

As of now only got lucky with one computer after the anniversary update.

The other two now for some reason the edge browser is messing up, freezing and slow.

Have to switch to IE Brower most of the time, but somehow, now the repair disc work OK on this one.

Regards.

Cranky_10XA_is back, Aug 26, 2016
  4. jrih Win User

Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I just set up a Dell XPS 8910 that has the Anniversary Edition. When I switch from a Admin user account to a local limited user account, it's quick. When I switch back from the local limited user account to the Admin user account, the screen goes black and it takes nearly 60 seconds to switch. This is a real PITA. *Mad

C'mon, there has to be someone out there that also has this issue and has a resolution.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

jrih, Mar 9, 2017
  5. jrih Win User
    winuser2016 .... Just today I found a resolution for this same issue on my Dell XPX 8910. In setting up this computer, I had installed Malwarebytes AntiMalware v3.0.6.1469. I had read in another thread on this forum that v3 of MBAM is problematic for many. I unstalled MBAM & now switching between users is nice & snappy! You may want to check to see if you have this software installed on your system. It may be causing your issues as well.

winsuser2016 ... wanted to let you know that the above resolution to the switch user issue did not work. The problem resurfaced. I have been troubleshooting for several days and can now confirm that the resolution that worked for me was to delete all the Dell bloatware that was on my system. I see you have an HP. I have no experience with HP products, but wonder if you might want to look into uninstalling the HP bloatware that came pre-installed on your system. It's just a thought & I wanted to get back & respond with what resolved the issue for my Dell XPS 8910.

jrih, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

1. Slow user switch after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Slow user switch

2. Very Slow VPN Speeds - Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow VPN Speeds - Anniversary Update: Hello, I have been a long time Torguard user with no issues. The other day I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update and after the update my VPN speeds have been terrible. I am getting around 0-5 Mbps download speed on every server. (Wired and Wireless) Before...
  3. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...
  4. Very slow boot after Anniversary update

Very slow boot after Anniversary update: I had no problems with Windows 10 start times but since the Anniversary update, boot time is just under 3 minutes. Any ideas to what to look into for the cause? 59112
  5. Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update

Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update: My computer is unbearably slow after the Anniversary Update. Tried everything I can think of, which is basically CCleaner and SFC /SCANNOW. Nothing has seemed to work. What should I do? My version of Windows 10 x64 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, if that means anything...
  6. Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update: I find that I have to wait for a good 5 minutes before the startup of Windows 10 with the latest version and update to this date of today's. How can I reduce the time to have a quick or fast statup with my desktop? I did tried few things to see if that help and still the same...
  7. Anniversary Update switches off System Protection

Anniversary Update switches off System Protection: This post is just to let people know something I found after doing the AU. If there is a better place to post it, please feel free to move it. When checking I noticed that my Restore Points have all been deleted and System Restore has been reset to OFF. If you want to use...
  8. Slow/Freeze Contextual Menus after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow/Freeze Contextual Menus after Anniversary Update: After the last big update for Windows 10 (the anniversary one) I started having a problem with contextual menus (all right click windows except the ones on the task bar) an in general potion windows, program windows etc. In general what happens is that you can se the...
  9. attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..: On my Son,s computer . Before the update I made a image with macrium reflect , updated and the computer will not run , I keep getting a attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update .. Ideas , thanks . 59717
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...