Windows 10: Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10

Discus and support Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, Was looking to try Windows 10 again and was wondering if anybody had success using Asus products on Windows 10. Previously, I had tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Smilelyface, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10

Hi guys,

Was looking to try Windows 10 again and was wondering if anybody had success using Asus products on Windows 10. Previously, I had tried both my NetGear AC6210 usb adapter and my TP Link WDN4800 PCI card. Now when installing the drivers for these products they do work both on 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

However, the speeds the ran at was terrible. So terrible the 90s were laughing at me. So terrible in fact that a farmer in Belarus could plug a cord into a turnip and get faster speeds.

So I built a new computer a week ago and did a clean install of Windows 10 on to a fresh Samsung EVO Pro 500GB SSD. And tried the wifi adapters again. Same issues.

I have tried both the Windows ones, the ones provided by TP Link and even the MediaTek ones for. Both devices will technically work in the sense I can connect but the connection itself is very, very, very slow (<0.2MB/s*).

I felt it might be driver related since I can't find anything in Windows myself or via Google that would suggest it to be Windows 10 itself. *Sad

So this time I have decided to look at a replacement device and have selected two I think should work.**

Hence, I was interested if anybody else had success (2.4GHz and 5GHz working at full speeds) with either of these two products on Windows 10.

The first is the Asus PCE-AC56 Dual Band Wireless AC1300 PCI-E Adapter as seen here:http://www.msy.com.au/wa/cannington/...e-adapter.html

The second product was the: Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 PCI-E Adapter as seen here:http://www.msy.com.au/wa/cannington/...e-adapter.html

*Note: Yes I well aware of the difference in Mbps and MBps (or MB/s if prefer).

**Note: I had these devices on Win7 and they worked fine. After trying windows 10 I rolled back to Win 8.1 and they work again. ----> Concluded it was likely a driver issue.

Any help is appreciated *Biggrin

:)

Smilelyface, Sep 2, 2015

2. Wireless USB adapters compatible with Windows 10

A PCIE Wireless Dual Band Adapter that works with Windows 10 is the TP-Link. Model TL-WDN4800

LawrenceWhittle, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Riamudesu Win User
    Windows 10 wants to update driver for hardware I no longer use

I initially was using a NETGEAR WNA3100 N300 Wireless USB Adapter on Windows 10, but it was terrible so I ordered a TP-LINK
    TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter
    . After installing this new pci-e card, everything is working beautifully, but Windows Update wants to install the driver for the terrible NETGEAR WNA3100 N300.

I neither need, nor want, a driver for this device as I have thrown it away and will never use it again. How do I stop Windows Update from trying to install it on my system?

Riamudesu, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10

1. Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow Wifi Link

2. TP-Link WN821N WiFi adapter not working or detecting networks

in Windows 10 News
    TP-Link WN821N WiFi adapter not working or detecting networks: [ATTACH]If your TP-Link WN821N WiFi adapter is not working or detecting networks then this post will be able to help you. Routers from TP-Link can share a 3G/4G connection with multiple wireless devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. They also provide internet...
  3. Problems with a TP-link Archer AX 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with a TP-link Archer AX 10: Just set up an Archer AX 10, poor internet speed response. Using it on a Windows 10 64 bit PC. Hardware Version: Archer AX1500 v1.20 Firmware Version:1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57075(5553) Latest firmware was installed. Using a 5g wifi link. to Speednet, only 40 MB down...
  4. Netgear wifi not found

Netgear wifi not found: I just got net gear wifi but it wont show up i went on the website deleted and reinstall the wifi thing refreshed alot but nothing my brothers computer found it and connected to it with no problems help...
  5. tp link m7350 impossible change the Wifi band to 5GhZ

tp link m7350 impossible change the Wifi band to 5GhZ: Hi, I need to switch the wifi band to 5ghz (I bought this modem for that) but there is no option, can you help me please. Thanks, Syl 139856
  6. TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out

TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out: I have two of these on both PCs. I have just installed OS 10 Pro 64 bit and only one of the USB Dongles stay connected the other one on Pc 1 keeps dropping out after 5 minutes or so. I need to re-insert the USB or reconnect the WIFI to it. I have unticked the option in...
  7. Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5030N not recognizing TP LINK WN823N USB wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5030N not recognizing TP LINK WN823N USB wifi: Hi all. I posted on the Windows 7 forums a short while ago: absolutely great feedback there - helped me create a Windows 7 and 10 ISO for some old computers we have. We now have three PC's working: 1 new tower (windows 10) and two old DELL laptops, both of which where on...
  8. My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router: -- works like a charm. However, when I first logged into it to set it up -- it offered me a generic username and password. This allowed me to get to an internet page and create my networks. Once logged in I could create my two networks and passwords. All has been good for...
  9. TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates

TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates: I recently purchased the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe wireless adapter only to discover it was delivering speeds well below what my network is capable of. I own a Macbook Pro which reports around 90-100Mbps on my 5Ghz downloads, meanwhile this adapter is only allowing for...
  10. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...