Windows 10: Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update

Discus and support Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I usually managed to have a write speed average 28 MB/s over the card leader and class 10 sd cards , after windows 1703+ update it is like if it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update

I usually managed to have a write speed average 28 MB/s over the card leader and class 10 sd cards , after windows 1703+ update it is like if it has got capped . It now gives me a flat 14 MB/s transfer rate , tried several updated drivers and outdated ones but nothing , any ideas ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 26, 2017

2. lenovo z510 not detecting card reader after upgrade to windows 10

I have tried updating and downgrading and have found nothing that will get it to work. The laptop came with Windows 8.1 and the reader worked fine. It was after the Windows 10 upgrade that it stopped working. As far as I can tell from Lenovo it is a Realtek
    card reader. There is no way to confirm as it does not show in device manager.

DaveRobbins389, Nov 26, 2017
  3. ReneeWong Win User
    Built in SD Card reader for Sony Laptop not working after windows 10 update

I have a Sony VAIO VPCF127FX laptop in which the built in SD card reader doesn't work after upgrading to windows 10. I have found that Lenovo has an updated driver for the same model driver. The SD card driver is Ricoh PCIe SD Bus Host Adapter driver.
    Would the update work even though I have a sony not a lenovo?

ReneeWong, Nov 26, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update

Just checked my Lenovo laptops and they have Ricoh SD card readers installed. Have you tried visiting the support page for your Lenovo make/model to see if they have a usable driver? Have you tried running the Lenovo Companion or their System Update utility to see if they can detect any potential issues? Might be worth checking into, if you've not already done so.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 27, 2017
  5. did both first thing , i'm on their latest set of drivers, my card reader is realtek , windows generic driver and lenovo's latest one both act the same , its as if windows is capping write speed .

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update

1. Slow Write for Lenovo laptop Card Reader after Windows 1703+ update - Similar Threads - Slow Write Lenovo

2. Lenovo Yoga 900. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga 900. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter: I have same issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internalpowererror-with-card-reader-adapter/0493f1a9-a7fb-47d1-b6e1-17a6851ef179 Copy-Paste: I am getting a blue screen in seconds after inserting my sd card adapter to Yoga 900. However, it works...
  3. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  4. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  5. Slow Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Lenovo laptop: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop, about a year old. AMD E-2 9000 Processor 4 Gig ram 64 bit Seems to be running slow withing Windows itself, have tried running CC Cleaner and scanned for malware and virus, but cannot speed it up. Any suggestions...
  6. Slow Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Lenovo laptop: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop, about a year old. AMD E-2 9000 Processor 4 Gig ram 64 bit Seems to be running slow withing Windows itself, have tried running CC Cleaner and scanned for malware and virus, but cannot speed it up. Any suggestions...
  7. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063

Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063: Windows was upgraded to this build & now the 5 card reader isn't being recognized 99% of the time. It worked perfectly OK under the previous build 1702. Have done a clean installation from scratch with no improvement. Any ideas appreciated as I've not been able to...
  10. Slow SD card reader after latest Win10 Creators Update (May 2017)

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow SD card reader after latest Win10 Creators Update (May 2017): Hello, My computer recently did the "Creators Update" and my USB 3.0 SD card reader speed dropped to about 1/3 of what it was before the update. Before the update I could transfer video/photo at a rate of about 90 MB/s but now the maximum with the same cards and content is...