Windows 10: Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

Discus and support Slowdown while gaming/massive lag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, May 29, 2017.

1. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

Hi All

System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet.

System is clean install last month

Creators update

Avast 17.4.2294

Ethernet wired
    Comcast Gateway DPC 3941T
    150mb internet package

Any advice or help is appreciated in advance

:)

AMDMan2016, May 29, 2017
  2. FH_913 Win User

Unable to run games

Since the latest update all my games are unable to be run due to massive fps drop/lag. Is there anyone else experiencing this?

FH_913, May 29, 2017
  3. Massive input lag while running games in fullscreen

How so? Have you tried running your game without explorer.exe (and all its modern app machinery)?

Do you have a Restore point back that far? Much less effort than a re-install.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 29, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

Go to Device Manager > Find your graphics card > Properties > look for the Roll Back Driver button and press it. Does this help?

pepanee, May 31, 2017
  5. Managed to get it fixed, Windows Kept downgrading video driver to 17.1.1, but sticking with 17.3.3, so disabled Windows Update from doing driver updates with Windows Update

Ran some other maintenance tasks, cleaned up component store, and system is functioning very well now, besides annoying internet related issue, but I think that's on Comcast side/or related to Manufacter of the Gateway device.

Also found out I forgot to exclude Secondlife/Firestorm viewer folders and files in Avast exclusions, so that is probably why was slow to

AMDMan2016, May 31, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Cool! Glad you figured out what needed to be done to get it fixed.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

1. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag - Similar Threads - Slowdown while gaming

2. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  3. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  4. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  6. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  7. Massive lag and computer issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive lag and computer issues.: About a month or so ago my computer started lagging. Nothing happened, just randomly started. It was so bad that I couldn't even watch Youtube videos or talk with my friends. Even the windows sounds lag when I bring up the control panel. Since then I tried scanning with...
  8. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming: Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine eg: modern warfare, prototype etc usually averaging around 20-30 fps which is playable enough for me. Recently when the May...
  9. Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns: Hey guys. Having a problem with some games that I'm playing via Steam. Fallout 4 used to run flawlessly on my PC. One day, I turned it on and noticed that the graphics settings had been dropped to low. The framerate was also completely horrendous. Any ideas on what might...
  10. Massive Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive Lag: Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5...