Windows 10: Slower internet speed after fresh install

Discus and support Slower internet speed after fresh install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I fixed it. All I did was reset the network and uninstall the family control. Now I have 150 down and 10 up, and downloads are no longer a problem. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coolsong2, Apr 5, 2018.

1. coolsong2 Win User

Slower internet speed after fresh install

I fixed it. All I did was reset the network and uninstall the family control. Now I have 150 down and 10 up, and downloads are no longer a problem.

coolsong2, Apr 5, 2018
  2. coolsong2 Win User

I had to do a fresh install because of a windows update glitch and now my internet speed went from 80-90mbps down and 15mbps up to 12 down and 6 up. I have updated all my internet drivers through device mgmt, restarted it to see if it needed it to be restarted, but I still get the same speed. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

:)

coolsong2, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Slow, slower, slowest

After installing Windows 10, Firefox (v. 39.0) is slower than dialup. Edge isn't much faster. And it's not the Internet: Office and other apps are running at the same speed as before the install. Anyone else notice this? Is there a fix?

The Only Name Not Taken, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Slower internet speed after fresh install

Nokia E6-00 : a weird problem with the Internet ? I hope I get replies

Check if you have any anti virus installed. F secure Firewall will cause the browsing speed to be very much slower.

I noticed the difference before and after I installed F secure. Later I un-installed it and Kasperky anti virus.

Internet speed is back to usual, which is 1 Mbps are my location

eaglehelang, Apr 16, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    I'm noticing recently that on machines with (a) Hyper-V enabled and (b) an external switch defined, Internet speed drops off dramatically. If this describes your machine, make an image backup, then uninstall the external switch (at both device level and in Hyper-V manager), then check Internet speed. You restore the backup to put things back the way they were if it doesn't help. If it does help, post a new thread in the Virtualization forum and @Kari and I will help you figure out some alternative networking strategy.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 16, 2018
  6. coolsong2 Win User
    I don't think it's either of these. I am not sure how to find Hyper-V but I tried in windows search and nothing came up except 'Turn Windows features on and off'. I checked in there and there was no such thing as Hyper-V. You might want to know, I am terrible with hardware and software, or just PCs in general. I check the internet for every problem I have. That basically means I have no idea what you said anyway (no offence), but thank you for replying.

coolsong2, Apr 17, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    What is the settings on your network card and is your router a gigabyte or 100 meg often it will default to full duplex and most domestic routers cant cope so it resends a lot of data slowing it down

Samuria, Apr 17, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

No offense taken. Sometimes, possible theories don't make sense. If you don't know if you have Hyper-V or not, chances are nearly certain that you DON'T have it and aren't using it. That voids my theory anyway! At this point, I'd suggest looking at the NIC drivers to see if they've been updated recently. If so, it may turn out that rolling back to the previous version will restore your performance. Here's a link to the relevant TenForums tutorial: How to roll back Driver to Previous version. You can try this pretty easily, and see if it makes a difference (or if it's even possible). Otherwise, I'm in agreement with Samuria's theory about full-duplex traffic overwhelming your router.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 17, 2018
  9. coolsong2 Win User
    So I tried the rollback in big hopes that it will work, but the internet became even slower. I updated it back to the current one, and it gave me a restart prompt. I thought of it as good news, but now, after restarting, it has the same speed as the rolled back update. I don't understand this magic.

coolsong2, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Slower internet speed after fresh install - Similar Threads - Slower internet speed

2. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal: So I have this problem where my internet speed is not reciprocated on my HP laptop. I normally fix this by using HP Assistant where it would reset my network adapters and I would gain my normal mbps 120 but recently HP assistant is not fixing my issues and I’m stuck with an...
  3. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal: So I have this problem where my internet speed is not reciprocated on my HP laptop. I normally fix this by using HP Assistant where it would reset my network adapters and I would gain my normal mbps 120 but recently HP assistant is not fixing my issues and I’m stuck with an...
  4. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. very slower internet speeds and lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  6. very slower internet speeds and lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  7. Slower internet speeds on one device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slower internet speeds on one device: I am getting slower download speeds on my desktop than what I did before. I should be getting upwards of ~400Mb/s at least, especially since I’m plugged via Ethernet. My brothers desktop is getting these speeds and is connected through WiFi. I recall this happening one time...
  8. Internet speed much slower after windows update

Internet speed much slower after windows update: After freshly installing windows, my download speed was around 15-20 mb/s however once I updated it seems to be locked around 5-6. Is there anyway to remove the lock/data limit?...
  9. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  10. Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.: Hi all. I have a weird problem with my internet connection. After i had instaled win 10, my interned slowed down. Before i had speed around 50 mbps (old result under) [img] Now my speed is 10-15 mbps - no more. [img] I do not know what to do. I did nothing...