Windows 10: Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

Discus and support Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello ALL: I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MPSAN, Dec 8, 2015.

1. MPSAN Win User

Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

Hello ALL:

I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this?

:)

MPSAN, Dec 8, 2015

2. Intermittent shutdowns since last W10 update

Hi Carrie,

Some corrupted system files might not have been corrected during the first SFC scan. We recommend that you use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    tool and see if it helps.
    DISM is a tool developed by Microsoft to fix its own programs and processes especially when they involve system file corruption. Onece done, kindly use the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool again. System File Checker
    is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks and restores corrupted system files.

For steps and more information regarding the DISM and the SFC tools, visit the links below:

If the issue persists after running the DISM and the SFC tool, you might need to perform in-place upgrade. See this
    video for instructions on how to perform a Windows 10 in-place upgrade.

Let us know how it turns out.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lizette Ags, Dec 8, 2015
  3. cfergus Win User
    Intermittent shutdowns since last W10 update

Hi,

Martin confirmed before that this was the latest build version. However I rechecked yesterday using Windows update to see if there were any, and it says I am fully up to date.

regards

cfergus, Dec 8, 2015
  4. LukeJR Win User

Does that also include slow start-up ?
    Mine basically loads up Windows 10 but then opens another (Loading Windows 10 / Login Screen) but is slower.
    So, I want to know if you too have the same problem as me.

LukeJR, Dec 8, 2015
  5. MPSAN Win User
    I do not believe my startup is any slower that I have noticed. I do not use a Windows Password, and it boots Win10, goes to the startup screen and then I see my desktop in a few seconds.

MPSAN, Dec 8, 2015
  6. Geneo Win User
    I have this behaviour for a while now too.

Geneo, Dec 9, 2015
  7. MPSAN Win User
    I wonder what they did as I was getting used to a 5 second shutdown.

MPSAN, Dec 9, 2015
  8. Jhawk55 Win User

Maybe you should try un-checking "Turn on fast startup" in the Power option.

Jhawk55, Dec 9, 2015
  9. MPSAN Win User
    I do not believe it is on, as Hibernate is off, but I will check to see if they turned it back on again.

MPSAN, Dec 9, 2015
  10. MPSAN Win User
    I do not have that option. I looked and there is nothing there. I believe it is because Hibernate is off, so I should be OK, I guess.

MPSAN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates. - Similar Threads - Slower Shutdown since

2. SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?: I recently got a new laptop, and according to crystal disk mark it's default ssd supposedly can do a bit over 3000 megabytes read and 400-900 write speeds.However doing things like copying files haven't gotten even close to that after one of the last updatescurrently it's...
  3. SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?: I recently got a new laptop, and according to crystal disk mark it's default ssd supposedly can do a bit over 3000 megabytes read and 400-900 write speeds.However doing things like copying files haven't gotten even close to that after one of the last updatescurrently it's...
  4. Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update: Since the last Windows update, my HP laptop won't shut down, it says "Shutting down" then goes back to the login screen. I have to hold the power button in to force it to shut down. How can I fix this?...
  5. Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update

Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update: Since the last Windows update, my HP laptop won't shut down, it says "Shutting down" then goes back to the login screen. I have to hold the power button in to force it to shut down. How can I fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 is significantly slower since the last update Feb 2022.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is significantly slower since the last update Feb 2022.: Has anyone else experienced this? Text appears a few seconds after it is typed. Scrolling goes in small increments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-significantly-slower-since-the-last/20911c82-3a0a-4b6c-b20e-9dcc92dd805d
  7. Windows 10 is significantly slower since the last update Feb 2022.

Windows 10 is significantly slower since the last update Feb 2022.: Has anyone else experienced this? Text appears a few seconds after it is typed. Scrolling goes in small increments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-significantly-slower-since-the-last/20911c82-3a0a-4b6c-b20e-9dcc92dd805d
  8. Windows 10 is significantly slower since the last update Feb 2022.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update: Ever since the latest Windows 10 update, Dota 2 has become basically unplayable due to lagging in game. This is not an internet issue or issue with the game. It appears to be graphics or sound related as it primarily occurs when there is a lot of action/animation in the game....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538