Windows 10: Sluggish after switching back from VM

Discus and support Sluggish after switching back from VM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guest OS .................... Win 8.1 Pro installed in VMware Workstation 12 (free edition). Host OS....................... Win 10 Home. I find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidhk, Feb 29, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Sluggish after switching back from VM

Guest OS .................... Win 8.1 Pro installed in VMware Workstation 12 (free edition).
    Host OS....................... Win 10 Home.

I find out that after switching back from Guest OS, Win 10 is sluggish. In fact programs would freeze for a short time.
    Once I had to restart. After that everything is back to normal.
    That happened TWICE.

I don't suppose that is normal. This is not my first time using VMware Player although last time was 2+ years ago.

I did do sfc and chkdsk f/r and that do not seem to have an effect.

Disk defrag ( Auslogics ), disk cleanup ( Ccleaner ) and malware scan ( Malwarebytes free edition ) were performed.

:)

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Is there a simple switch to change between O.S's on seperate ssd,s?

There's no simple way to switch. A computer can only boot into one operating system at a time. Your mates gave you good advice: To switch back and forth use VMs. No need for a second partition, unless you want to.

Case in point: My Insider's copy of Windows 10 runs in VM Workstation Player (formerly known as VMWare Player until the Marketing Department got involved.) The VM runs on Windows 8.1. Switching back and forth is just a matter of keystrokes.

For backup reasons I store my software and data in separate partitions. The virtual machine itself is in the data partition.

BulldogXX, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Major connectivity and stability issues (WiFi/LAN/core Windows Services) after migrating from Threshold 1 to 2 (1511 update)

I also had issues after upgrading to Threshold 2 (1511). The LAN connection was up but no IP was given. I had similar problems with upgrading server 2016 to TP3 last time.

The solution for me is to delete all Virtual Switches in the Hyper-V manager with the LAN NIC configured.

After this deleted all the virtual Hyper-V nics and the LAN NIC from Device management.

Restart and re-create the Hyper-V virtual switches and everything works again.

Small note: IP configuration is gone in for your VMs if you delete the switches without backing up.

Nils van Woensel, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

Sluggish after switching back from VM

1. Sluggish after switching back from VM - Similar Threads - Sluggish switching

2. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  3. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  4. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  5. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  6. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

7. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sluggish pc for no reason: Over the years my PC which is 9 years old now has started to get sluggish after installing Windows 10 a while ago. a while later I changed the MBR to GPT and gave it secure boot after that my PC started to act weird when I went to advanced options to find the only option...
  8. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sluggish pc for no reason: Over the years my PC which is 9 years old now has started to get sluggish after installing Windows 10 a while ago. a while later I changed the MBR to GPT and gave it secure boot after that my PC started to act weird when I went to advanced options to find the only option...
  9. sluggish pc for no reason

10. Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency Mode has made my system laggy and sluggish: As of Now Each and Every Browser I use goes into efficiency mode which causes it to be sluggish, Even Microsoft Edge has became so sluggish due to this Efficiency Mode that webpages which opens instantly now takes a long time to load. It even states with alert window that...