Windows 10: Sluggish PC after the anniversary update

Discus and support Sluggish PC after the anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First post here so hello to everyone out there *Smile I have a budget tablet with low end specs which was working fine, even with its limitations.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Badelhas, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Badelhas Win User

Sluggish PC after the anniversary update

First post here so hello to everyone out there *Smile
    I have a budget tablet with low end specs which was working fine, even with its limitations. It's a Chuwi Hi12 Tablet (windows 10 and Android 5.1 dual boot). Since the update it's sluggish, frame dropping, Edge freezes, etc. I did the update a week ago on my home PC (much more powerful) and didn't notice any drop in performance I decided to delete the old windows version to save space on my tablet, since it only has 64gb storage.
    Is there a way to fix this or, even better, will a future windows update fix it automatically or am I being too optimistic?

Cheers

:)

Badelhas, Aug 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Upgrade Problems

After the Win 10 anniversary update, my pc is running so slow that it is not fun anymore. There is a hesitation of about 2 seconds with every click of the mouse and the pc in general is very sluggish. I tried to turn Cortana off to free up resources but
    can't get rid of it. Tried to roll back to the prior build but system restore will not let me.

LarryCatlett, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Kwabena O Win User
    Lumia 430

I upgraded to window 10 then went on to update it to the anniversary update but now the phone has become very sluggish please how can I fix this

Kwabena O, Aug 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, freezing issues and problems have been reported by a number (just search the internet) and MS is said to be working on some of these issues. Many people are not experiencing them.

You have 10 days to roll back; your best option may be to do that and defer the upgrade if you have '10 pro.

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Badelhas Win User
    Thanks but as I said "I deleted the previous windows version" so that's not an option.

Badelhas, Aug 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hello, unless you can fix the issue, you have the following options:
    1. Clean install of the previous version
    2. If you are in the strongly recommended habit of creating disk images (which everyone really should.. so many advantages.. you can restore a previously created disk image
    3. Wait and hope MS fixes it

Fix? You will need to try to diagnose the problem with no guarantee of a successful outcome.
    1. How is it in Safe Mode?
    2. After a clean boot?

A search for
    anniversary upgrade freezes returns (e.g.):
    Fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze Problem, Here's How | Redmond Pie
    How to fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update crashes and freezes

and here:
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezing: Microsoft offers temporary fix - Windows 10 Forums

There will be more if you do a similar search

Please see:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#7c0f23217745
    Microsoft confirms freezing issues after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update - MSPoweruser

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sluggish PC after the anniversary update - Similar Threads - Sluggish anniversary update

2. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sluggish pc for no reason: Over the years my PC which is 9 years old now has started to get sluggish after installing Windows 10 a while ago. a while later I changed the MBR to GPT and gave it secure boot after that my PC started to act weird when I went to advanced options to find the only option...
  3. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  4. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  5. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Sluggish pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish pc: Sorry for the lame title... I have good up/down but this pc is just sluggish now. I don't know when it happened but it seems new. My wife's pc, which just got w10, is similarly sluggish. It's just not snappy like it used to be. The only thing that has changed are some...
  7. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  8. Strange sluggish performance after update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sluggish performance after update.: After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples: Clicking to highlight a file, folder,...
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...