Windows 10: SM Bus Controller Driver

Discus and support SM Bus Controller Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a driver problem with SM Bus Controller with the driver not being correctly installed, but how do I find out what are the details I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wdrs, Mar 27, 2015.

1. wdrs Win User

SM Bus Controller Driver

I have a driver problem with SM Bus Controller with the driver not being correctly installed, but how do I find out what are the details I need to update the driver. I need to know the manufacturer (I think) and Model (I think) but how do I find those out?
    Any assistance in resolving the Driver Error would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 twice in a day

I checked Device Manager and found SM Bus Controller had no driver. I tried to find a driver on the network, but in vain. Is it a problem? I don't think so..

regards,

maverick6664, Mar 27, 2015
  3. Ritergal Win User
    USB drivers missing with every reboot

I find no Power Management tab on the Universal Serial Bus Controller properties. It has only General, Driver, and Details. No driver is found on a web search for a driver. I have a custom-built machine, so have no idea where to go for drivers.

Any chance this could be a mother board issue? I have an ASUS motherboard, but their support is ... less than stellar. Their best advice is to "Ask Microsoft."

Drivers are also missing for Ethernet Controller, SM Bus Controller, and Unknown device.

Ritergal, Mar 27, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

SM Bus Controller Driver

If you know your motherboard make and model you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the ones for Windows 8.1. They *should* be ok. You need the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

swarfega, Mar 27, 2015
  5. MatthewE Win User
    If you have an Intel CPU, download the Intel Management Engine Interface, that patched the drivers for me when I had the same problem. Although I can't comment on AMD you can go to the Manufacturers website as stated by Swarfega and download their drivers which should fix your problem.

MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015
  6. wdrs Win User
    That may be the problem. I don't know the motherboard maker, or even whether it is an Intel CPU of not. How do I find out those sort of details?
    It says on the outside Intel Inside core i5, which suggests to my mind it is probably and Intel CPU, so I'll give your suggestion a try.
    Many thanks

7. MatthewE Win User
    If it says on the outside it will be, therefore yeah it should work fine hopefully *Smile Best of luck

MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015
  8. SM Bus Controller Driver

Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

Slartybart, Mar 27, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Mar 28, 2015
  10. wdrs Win User
    Thank you, and I will do as you suggest.
    I was going to ask the questions below, but your post may have provided the answers, or a means to getting the answers, so I'll give it a go.

"The problem remains. What is an SM Bus Controller? What does it do? Do I need it? How do I find out who is the manufacturer? Intel does not make finding a driver for an unknown SM Bus Controller easy. I have used CPUID to list what I have on the computer and the details are in a txt file which means nothing to me.
    Any help would be appreciated."

David

11. wdrs Win User
    I have now updated my specs

12. Slartybart, Mar 30, 2015
  13. wdrs Win User

SM Bus Controller Driver

Thank you. I tried it and it provided me with an updated driver, but it still did not clear the notification in Device Manager that it was not working. Perhaps I will have to wait for the final release of Windows 10.

14. Winuser Win User
    Have you tried this? I would do a drive image first if you do decide to try it. Intel Download Center

Winuser, Mar 30, 2015
  15. wdrs Win User
    The intel driver update has not worked. Indeed two patches which seemed destined to cure my problems failed to install. As a result my system is unstable, often freezing altogether, and neither Task Manager nor anything else will unfreeze it, except a drastic long press on the on/off button!

Thema:

SM Bus Controller Driver

1. SM Bus Controller Driver - Similar Threads - Bus Controller Driver

2. PCI Memory Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller drivers not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Memory Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller drivers not...: This seems to have happened after I had to have a clean reboot of my hard drive. Due to some audio popping I looked and saw that these drives were not installed Under Hard drive device Id the values arePCI memory ControlPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D21&SUBSYS_121E1025&REV_21...
  3. PCI Memory Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller drivers not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Memory Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller drivers not...: This seems to have happened after I had to have a clean reboot of my hard drive. Due to some audio popping I looked and saw that these drives were not installed Under Hard drive device Id the values arePCI memory ControlPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D21&SUBSYS_121E1025&REV_21...
  4. PCI Memory Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller drivers not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PCI driver and SM Bus Controller missing update

PCI driver and SM Bus Controller missing update: Hello, my pc recently started freezing up at random, when I was just browsing, playing a game, doing my work.Here's a screenshot after checking device manager:Here are the specs of my PC:CPU: i3-10100MB: ASUS PRIME H410M-ERAM: 2 8GB RAMGPU: Zotac GTX 1050PSU: Corsair 550OS:...
  6. PCI driver and SM Bus Controller missing update

PCI driver and SM Bus Controller missing update: Hello, I am trying to figure out why I cannot update the PCI options under device manager. This is a complete new build, with all new parts. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything fresh and this still shows up. Any help would be so much appreciated. My...
  7. PCI-Device driver and SM-Bus-Controller

PCI-Device driver and SM-Bus-Controller: I tried to install drivers for my devices but they simply don´t work. I already tried to use the Troubleshooter "msdt.exe-id DeviceDiagnostic" but Windows couldn´t find any drivers....
  8. PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller

PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller: I have an Asus TUF Z390 PLus Gaming mother board and Nvidia GeForce 210 display card and I get the following PCI Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A324&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed. Device...
  9. pci driver and sm bus controller

pci driver and sm bus controller: I recently built a pc and the pci and sm bus controller drivers are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-driver-and-sm-bus-controller/59c2a7ec-9365-4b92-b441-aaa3dad1d640
  10. Windows 10 PCI and SM Bus Controller drivers.

Windows 10 PCI and SM Bus Controller drivers.: I recently bought a new desktop, and everything's been running fine, except I noticed this issue: Upon going into my devices and printers, there's a little troubleshooting triangle next to my desktop's symbol, so I troubleshooted it, told me PCI and SM Bus Controller had no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SM Bus CPU ID number