Windows 10: Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

Discus and support Small issue after upgrading to creator's update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Black Faith, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update.

Event 7000 Service Control Manager

The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported.

Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why I'm getting this in the event viewer?

Edit*

Ok found how to fix it.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt and change where it says Start from the default value of 2 change it to 4.No more error in the event viewer and everything seems to be working just fine.

:)

Black Faith, Apr 4, 2017

2. App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID.

Go to Run (press Windiows key and r key together) type Regedit, then navigate to

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt and set startup type to 3.

Small issue after upgrading to creator's update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Small issue after upgrading to creator's update Solved - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

PeaceByJesus777, Apr 4, 2017
  3. App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID.

I found a solution in this forum:

Small issue after upgrading to creator's update Solved - Windows 10 Forums

The above-referenced post addresses two issues that seem to be related to Windows 10 Creators update, however, the issue you specifically refer to is addressed toward the end of the post. Hope this helps. I implemented the workaround to both issues and am
    satisfied for now, as there no more of these errors appearing in my event log.

Until Microsoft addresses these issues, this is the only solution I have found that works.

Franklin Collins, Apr 4, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

Just for the record, I get that event viewer error as well. The description for cldflt is "Cloud Files Mini Filter Driver." Now, OneDrive might be the culprit because I uninstalled it, disabled integration, and removed the icon from file explorer (thanks Brink) so, if that registry entry remained, it would make sense that it would report the cldflt service as unsupported. However, I am leaving mine on because I am not sure if any new Cloud Services are being introduced in the Creator Update final release.

Thanks for sharing your fix.

5. I get this error to and i did uninstall onedrive, i gona this try

tsunami2311, Apr 5, 2017
  6. I don't think that service does anything at all anyway since the service fails to start in the first place and gives that error so I don't think there is any point in leaving it on*Smile

Black Faith, Apr 5, 2017
  7. Ita1 Win User
    same event ID (7000, CldFlt) and, in addition, a lot of ID 37 (AppContainer profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register AppContainer SID), (frequency = 2xID 37 for each logon)

Ita1, Apr 5, 2017
  8. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

You can hide those errors if you want.As long as all your apps are running fine and updating on the windows store is working fine I would either ignore those events or disable the AppModel-Runtime log which is responsible for showing those events.You can disable it in event viewer under applications and services logs - microsoft - windows - appmodel-runtime.Don't forget to clear the log if you decide to disable it.So the events you got so far won't show up anymore.

Black Faith, Apr 5, 2017
  9. Qwinn Win User
    I'm also getting the CldFlt and two Appcontainer error ID 37's per logon. Would prefer a better answer than "turn the log off", if anyone has one.

I will note that if you look in the log these ID 37 errors are coming from, they're each paired with this Information event:

"AppContainer onecore\ds\security\gina\profile\profext\appcontainer.cpp Line:1957 Usermode Font Driver Host microsoft.windows.fontdrvhost was not created because it already exists."

Well, I don't know for sure they're related, but you get two of these in the same second that you get the two errors.

Qwinn, Apr 6, 2017
  10. Don't think your gonna find much of a fix for those errors.Sadly too much is still new and starting with windows 8 and the introduction of those annoying apps these kinda errors are hard to actually fix.I wish it were as easy as fixing every little quirck and bug in windows 7.

Black Faith, Apr 6, 2017
  11. BKnight Win User
    I have this same error in the Event Viewer as well, under Windows logs / System

BKnight, Apr 6, 2017
  12. Vaio 7 Win User
    Hi,

I fixed the issue, it does not cure the problem, until MS releases a hotfix BUT it prevents those entries from appearing in Event Viewer logs. Simply go to Regedit, (Admin), navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-Application\{f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859} and modify, to the right pane the "Enabled" value from 1 to 0.
    REBOOT.
    No more logging. Do the same for each GUID giving you an error or warning. Enjoy!
    Also, if in Event Viewer the error category is under "System" then navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System and do the same for the GUID giving you the problem. You can find the GUID if you see the Details view of the error, example:
    - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime [ Guid] {F1EF270A-0D32-4352-BA52-DBAB41E1D859} EventID 37 Version Level 2 Task
    As for the Cldflt error, I modified:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt and set startup type to 3. No more errors or warnings of any kind...

Vaio 7, Apr 6, 2017
  13. Vaio 7 Win User

For me it was:

- System - Provider [ Name] Service Control Manager [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4} [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager - EventID 7000 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Version Level 2 Task Opcode Keywords 0x8080000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-04-07T16:04:25.304980900Z EventRecordID 566 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 864 [ ThreadID] 1060 Channel System Computer Security
    - EventData param1 CldFlt param2 %%50 I edited my previous post, the method I described was for Event id 37 and other Warnings I had in Event Viewer, for this particular error cldflt, I had to modify:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt and set startup type to 3. Now Event Viewer is clean... *Wink

Vaio 7, Apr 6, 2017
  14. Doesnt this do the same thing that I said for event id 37 but through the registry?*Smile

Looks like it just turns off logging to the event viewer just like if you would turn off the log in event viewer.*Biggrin

Black Faith, Apr 6, 2017
  15. Lost my LifeCam-Cinema webcam with the upgrade............*Sad
    How can I get it back, it worked ok in the previous Win10..........?

pietcorus2, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update - Similar Threads - Small issue upgrading

2. Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.: I was using a custom theme that I downloaded from the internet before upgrading to the Creator's Update But I deleted it in safe mode basically if I go to Right Click>Personalization>Themes the settings crash and the Themes section doesn't open in control panel. Any...
  3. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  4. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  5. Graphics Issues after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Issues after Creators Update: I run 3 monitors with my system: Monitor 1 (HP LE2201w) is driven via graphics card VGA output at 1050x1680 resolution. Monitor 2 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card DisplayPort output at 2560x1440 resolution. Monitor 3 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card...
  6. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...
  7. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.: Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it...
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...