Windows 10: Small problem with photos

Discus and support Small problem with photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been taking pics of my water and electric meters at the saem time of day for the last six days to prove to the compnies what I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 22, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Small problem with photos

I have been taking pics of my water and electric meters at the saem time of day for the last six days to prove to the compnies what I am using according to their meters which I think are over reading.

Now I have a folder with the water meter in it and one with the electric meter in it . The water folder I can arrange the pics in order of date that I took them (I use snips to use only minimal data) using the small blue file options in the bottom right hand corner and in ascending order. But the electric folder it will not do this it lists the first four by ascending order but the last two days lists the snips as yesterday and now today.

Why cannot I get the electric folder to work the same as the water one as both were set up on the same day.

I did try making a new folder and then copy paste the pics to it in order but they are all over the place.
    Perhaps it is something that I am doing wrong so any help would be appreciated as I am rather pedantic in how these things are set up - neatly an din sequence only as I date the snips using paint anyway.*Confused

:)

ICIT2LOL, Aug 22, 2017

2. Windows Photo Gallery

Further to my last note when I said that although sending photos by email in Photo Gallery was not possible, sending them as attachments was still possible. The only problem I have here is finding the photos after clicking on the paperclip in the email.
    Surprisingly, for the very first time, I noticed in the bottom right hand corner of the Photo Gallery toolbar icon "Photo email" there is a very small arrow. Clicking this brings up a small window giving the options "Send photo email" or "Send photos as attachments".
    Clicking the latter brings up another small window giving the opportunity to alter the size of the photo/s (very useful) , and clicking "attach" takes you to the email screen which shows the photos as folder addresses rather that thumbnails.

Thanks again for your help.

John Waring

JohnWaring, Aug 22, 2017
  3. how to add a 2nd small photo to the background screen below or above the current small center photo in Windows 10

Howto add a 2nd small photo to the background screen below or above the current small center photo in Windows 10?

computer kid, Aug 22, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

If you modified the snips in Paint, you change the date modified. Is this the heading in details ? You can sort them by 'Date created' instead. R-click the Details row at top and select 'Date created' should fix your issue. If you don't need both columns, select 'Date' which will sort by the earlier of 'Date created' or 'Date modified'.

mrgeek, Aug 22, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well yes I did add dates and times with paint and I will try again but I am the electric meter pics have got a wobbly boot on*Wink

Ok have got them ascending using the View at the top I was using that little blue box bottom right. It still lists yesterdays as that and hopefully it will shift up into the main list when I take the pic today.

Am only doing this to keep a check on those utilities because of the skyrocketing bills*sarc

ICIT2LOL, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Put them in Word or simliar then you can place them were you like

Samuria, Aug 24, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Samuria that's a good idea too *Smile

ICIT2LOL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Small problem with photos - Similar Threads - Small problem photos

2. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  3. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  4. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  5. Photo editor - image too small

Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  6. Photos app automatically resizes to small

Photos app automatically resizes to small: and when I go into Settings the only options are Small and Custom...how to choose large as a default? (I have many screen captures of text I want to be able to read). thanks W10 Pro 178474
  7. Two small problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two small problems: First problem: it takes over 3-10 mins to load the sign-in section of Windows settings for some reason Second problem: the offline maps option always says it's currently unavailable none of these issues I'm super concerned with, just wondering how these issues are causes...
  8. Small Icons Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Icons Problem: Please look at the screenshot The icons in the top right menu next to the drop-down navigation menu are tiny and can't be worked with in this state How can it be fixed?[ATTACH]...
  9. App photos (?) are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    App photos (?) are too small: [ATTACH] So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying to fix everything but this problem. If you know how to revert it back to normal, please help a girl out:) thanks!...
  10. Small UAC problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Small UAC problem.: Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?. A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads fine....BUT now I am getting the message that the password has expired and must be changed !.. If I remember rightly it was a...