Windows 10: Small start menu

Discus and support Small start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, something happened after Windows Update - I turned on my PC and I see... [img] [img] Anybody can help me? Thanks. 3324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by algiuxas, Dec 17, 2014.

1. algiuxas Win User

Small start menu

Hello, something happened after Windows Update - I turned on my PC and I see...

Small start menu [​IMG]

Small start menu [​IMG]

Anybody can help me?
    Thanks.

:)

algiuxas, Dec 17, 2014

2. Small icons bug in start menu

Just now I got an update and it's back to working normal!!!

Just update your computer and you should be rid of this issue. Whether it's a permanent solution, I have no idea. But for the time being, my small icons are working a charm.

ChristopherAiezza, Dec 17, 2014
  3. Start Menu Font Too Small

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Comparatively, start menu icons are smaller than the other icons or texts within the Start screen.

Ex: Items on the right side of the Start menu as compared to the ones on the left.

Let us try to increase the Dots per inch scale, and see if it brings any difference.

Follow the below steps:

• Type settings in the search box on taskbar, and select the same.

• Click on System.

• Now there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

• Click on Apply, and restart the computer to save the changes.

You may provide your valuable suggestions regarding the system tray clock in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start , enter the phrase Windows Feedback, then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a category and then Select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 17, 2014
  4. Superfly Win User

Small start menu

Yup, that happened to me in the 9879 as well - had to restart explorer via Taskmanager.... Haven't seen it happen yet in 9901 tho' *Smile

Superfly, Dec 17, 2014
  5. algiuxas Win User
    It fixed itself, but another problem... Why when I write something in start menu search - it not searches?

algiuxas, Dec 17, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Algiuxas,

You should be able to move your pointer over the top border of your Start menu until it turns into a double arrow. At this point, you can click and hold, then drag the border up to the size you want. *Smile

Brink, Dec 17, 2014
  7. How is it that 3rd party apps like Start8 can get the Start Menu spot on whereas Microsoft are still faltering; I thought Windows 10 is all about bringing back the Start Menu.

WightWalker, Dec 17, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Small start menu

I found that the issue with the start menu only occurred for me when I updated to 9879 but when I performed a clean install the start menu worked just fine. So, in the end the start menu does work just fine.

BunnyJ, Dec 17, 2014
  9. Mystere Win User
    Well, third parties have had plenty of problems as well. For instance, at least one third party start menu had to be disabled by MS because of issues (which have since been corrected by a new release of classic shell).

And no, Windows 10 is not "all about" bringing back the start menu. That's just one feature, and only for desktops.

Mystere, Dec 17, 2014
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Isn't it nice how folks jump to conclusions. It's still being built last time I checked. . . *Thumbs

11. Mohave PC Win User
    Had the same issue on a fresh install of build 9841 right after that I got a blue screen and cursor at startup. I did a repair and got back in but the menu seems to fluctuate between small and normal after a reboot. in other words I update and restart and get the small, install office reboot and back to normal. installed different browsers reboot and back to small, restarting explorer.exe via task manager works some of the time. I am downloading the latest build now so we will see.

Mohave PC, Dec 18, 2014
  12. algiuxas Win User
    Thanks everyone, I fixed it now, search now works *Smile

Small start menu [​IMG]

LOL

algiuxas, Dec 23, 2014
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Small start menu

Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Small start menu

1. Small start menu - Similar Threads - Small start menu

2. Google start menu is small on windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google start menu is small on windows 7: Hi My google chrome start menu is small but the web is not small.How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-start-menu-is-small-on-windows-7/2a0cda90-6bd3-4f0f-966a-a14fdcbd0193
  3. Google start menu is small on windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google start menu is small on windows 7: Hi My google chrome start menu is small but the web is not small.How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-start-menu-is-small-on-windows-7/2a0cda90-6bd3-4f0f-966a-a14fdcbd0193
  4. Start Menu App Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  5. small office app icons in start menu

small office app icons in start menu: [ATTACH] anyone know what these are? i just reinstalled windows 10 and these appeared, clicking on either excel, word, powerpoint, or outlook just open up an empty tab in microsoft edge. i cannot uninstall them either, after clicking uninstall they just remain there....
  6. Start Menu Super Small

Start Menu Super Small: Hello there. My name is Griffin Mackinnon and I use a Windows 10 Device. I have accidentally pressed a key on my keyboard that made my start menu very small. Someone, please help....
  7. Small App Menu on Start Menu

Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  8. Windows 10 start menu small

Windows 10 start menu small: I got Windows 10 and now the star menu does not work. It is open very small and can not see it well to see what to click. Other topics seems to suggest that need a third party menu for start menu. Is that the case or how to fix the start menu?...
  9. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  10. Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu: Whenever I try to move, delete or rename a shortcut in \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or its subfolders, appears this window (but the shortcut is moved, deleted or renamed without problems): [img] Really it is not a problem, but it seems that...