Windows 10: Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

Discus and support Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have two small tiles which are icons for apps stuck in an inappropriate place on my display screen. They appear on the print screen image by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkRostron, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

Hi

I have two small tiles which are icons for apps stuck in an inappropriate place on my display screen.

They appear on the print screen image by the projecting screen item on this snapshot, but they appear in the same place whichever type of screen display I am looking at. There is an e padlock and a no entry sign.

How can I get rid of them?

Thanks

Mark

:)

MarkRostron, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. ILdarXIII Win User

Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

How to change icon of small tile of people group or get the name ot this group on that icon?

I created groups in people hub but they have the same icon and no text of group name on small icon on start screen so I cannot distinguish them. How to change tile icon of people group or get a name of that group in icon?

ILdarXIII, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

1. Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen - Similar Threads - Small tiles icons

2. screen and icons stucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen and icons stucks: HiLaptop screen and taskbar and icons stuck , even when i try to restart cannot , all becomes freezing .So, please try to resolve this issue.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-and-icons-stucks/ec8c1e50-ecfc-44bd-88de-be07387bf4b2
  3. screen and icons stucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen and icons stucks: HiLaptop screen and taskbar and icons stuck , even when i try to restart cannot , all becomes freezing .So, please try to resolve this issue.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-and-icons-stucks/ec8c1e50-ecfc-44bd-88de-be07387bf4b2
  4. screen and icons stucks

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blurry and Misplaced account lock icon

Blurry and Misplaced account lock icon: Hi, I recently noticed that my lock icon is blurry and misplaced. I haven't added any pictures, just using the default lock icon. I tried restarting and shut down my laptop but still the same thing. Any idea how to fix it?? [ATTACH]...
  6. Tiles and Icons

Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  7. To remove an small 'motif/icon' on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To remove an small 'motif/icon' on screen: I have used Paint 3D once to change dates on a flyer successfully, but it has left a small motif/icon on my screen. I cannot remove it, it is very frustrating as it is always there, can some one assist me please. Thanks....
  8. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  9. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen