Windows 10: Small UAC problem.

Discus and support Small UAC problem. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?. A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by accystan, Jul 5, 2018.

1. accystan Win User

Small UAC problem.

Afternoon all.. particularly try 3 ?.

A little while ago I set up a NewAdminPrimary account the password for which has been opening downloads fine....BUT now I am getting the message that the password has expired and must be changed !.. If I remember rightly it was a temporary password which I selected at the time.

Now I get a drop box asking for a new password but whatever I enter I get the message ' the passwords you entered did not match '.

I would again value some guidance to help me firstly to ' learn HOW TO once again '
    and secondly reset the password perhaps more permanently this time so that business can be resumed !.

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan.

:)

accystan, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Small UAC problem. 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Small UAC problem.

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Small UAC problem.

1. Small UAC problem. - Similar Threads - Small UAC problem

2. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  3. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC PROBLEMS: UAC WILL NOT ME INSTALL PC GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-problems/f92b4f3b-7e68-49fa-a858-85ded6ac1995
  4. UAC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two small problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two small problems: First problem: it takes over 3-10 mins to load the sign-in section of Windows settings for some reason Second problem: the offline maps option always says it's currently unavailable none of these issues I'm super concerned with, just wondering how these issues are causes...
  6. UAC problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC problems: I have UAC problems. I want to turn it off but I need admin rights. So I switched user to admin, turned it off, and log on on my account but there it isnt. When I want to turn it off from that acc, I cant cuz I need admin right. What is going on? 15917
  7. Strange UAC Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange UAC Problem: We have an Asus T100 netbook with Windows 10 and three user accounts. Let's call them WifeAdmin, Wife and Husband. I log onto the computer as WifeAdmin and if I try to do anything that requires administrator privileges I get a popup that asks for the password for Husband....
  8. Windows 10 UAC problems

Windows 10 UAC problems: In order to disable Windows 10 UAC I had to make a manual registry adjustment.....simply moving the UAC slider to the bottom still left controls in place even after several re-boots. However, I now find that if I wish to use Microsoft Edge, Mail, Solitaire Collection etc I...
  9. UAC Problems.

UAC Problems.: Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan .
  10. Problem with UAC; Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with UAC; Permissions: Hello. I have big problem with permissions on my account with Admins permissions. I need help. So, I can't install programs and open programs that need Administrator permissions, because UAC window (like this:) [img] Appear only for 0,5 secs, disappear and then...