Windows 10: Smart Card Reader driver problem

Discus and support Smart Card Reader driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fusionz, Sep 16, 2016.

1. fusionz Win User

Smart Card Reader driver problem

Hello!
    So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary Update. I tried to reinstall drivers, "Repair My Computer" with Windows disk(which didn't work for some reason) and used USB 2.0 and 3.0 to test whether it's the port problem. Also, manual installation gave me an error: "This operation requires an interactive window station."
    Can anyone here help me? I need to use smart card reader every day, to be honest.

Smart Card Reader driver problem [​IMG]

Sincerely,

:)

fusionz, Sep 16, 2016
  2. 404Cat Win User

Smart card reader causes force restart

Here is my problem. I needed to log in to a website with a smart card, so I plugged in my smart card reader (I have installed and used it before).

When I plugged in the smart card reader, none of the LEDs on the card reader were lighting up to indicate it was connected. Strange, but I decided to plug in my smart card and try to login to the website anyway.

When I clicked "log in with smart card" on the site, Windows popped up a message saying my computer would be automatically restarted in 1 minute.

This happened on all 3 of my computers at home (all fully-updated Windows 10), with 2 different smart card readers. Updating the smart card drivers and rebooting did not help - the issue still persists.

Once (but not all the times it happened) I got a BSOD with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

How should I go about fixing this issue?

404Cat, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Jaymaniac Win User
    Can't find SD Card Reader in Device Manager

Hi FriedMouse,

I'm having the same problem. I just tried going into the Services application and manually starting the Smart Card and Smart Card Device..., but the SD card is still not recognized and there is still no SD card reader driver listed in Device Manager.

Anyone have a solution?

Jaymaniac, Sep 16, 2016
  4. altae Win User

Are you sure you've got the right driver? Have you checked the manufacturers website yet? If there are no suitable drives you might want to try compatibility mode.

altae, Sep 16, 2016
  5. fusionz Win User
    I tried to install them in Safe Mode aswell and yes, I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

fusionz, Sep 16, 2016
  6. altae Win User
    I'm not talking about safe mode, I'm talking about compatibility mode to emulate an older Windows environment (e.g. Windows 7). Have you tried that? In case you don't know where: Right click on the .exe > properties > compatibility.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Smart Card Reader driver problem - Similar Threads - Smart Card Reader

2. Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11: I'm having a problem with smart card reader GEMALTO CT40 on windows 11 home 64 bit. It doesn't reed my ID all the time, even though Windows sees it and recognize it's a card reader, and I can see it in Device Manager. When I try to log in on eGovernment in my country, Windows...
  3. Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11: I'm having a problem with smart card reader GEMALTO CT40 on windows 11 home 64 bit. It doesn't reed my ID all the time, even though Windows sees it and recognize it's a card reader, and I can see it in Device Manager. When I try to log in on eGovernment in my country, Windows...
  4. Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader: Hi,I have a smart card reader which successfully enumerates in windows 7 but fails in windows 8 and above with an error code 10 - Invalid parameter passed to service or a function.How can I get to know exactly for which parameter windows driver is failing? So that I can make...
  5. Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows CCID Driver fails to enumerate Smart Card Reader: Hi,I have a smart card reader which successfully enumerates in windows 7 but fails in windows 8 and above with an error code 10 - Invalid parameter passed to service or a function.How can I get to know exactly for which parameter windows driver is failing? So that I can make...
  6. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  7. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  8. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  9. Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909: Hello, I recently updated to 1909 18363.657. After the update my USB Smart Card reader doesn't work. I have 2 different brands of reader and both don't work. Both worked prior to the update. I don't have problems with other USB devices. I have the latest driver from...
  10. Windows update - smart card reader problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update - smart card reader problems: Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535 Please help me. Kind regards! Marko Marković...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot