Windows 10: Smartpad not working anymore

Discus and support Smartpad not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bartjunited, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Smartpad not working anymore

I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working.

This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months.

I have tried the following

- uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
    - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and settings
    - ensuring the touchpad is active is windows 10 settings

a few months ago I could install an older version of the driver and it would work, but after a while it would stop working.

last week i decided to look in the control panel settings and saw the touchpad had been disabled so I enabled it. hey presto it started working perfectly again.

2 days ago I went into the mouse settings to increase the size of the mouse pointer and once i applied this, the touchpad stopped working again and I havent managed to get it to work since.

I have exhausted many avenues and considering rebuilding it but that seems a bit drastic. Ive read that the issue could be windows 10 rather than the drivers.

please please please help

Thanks

Bart

:)

bartjunited, Jun 27, 2018

2. Snyaptics Smartpad is not responding properly

Hi,

I understand that Synaptics smartpad does not work and you are trying to make changes in the registry.

Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore
    the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• When was the last time it was working fine?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    This could be due to missing/corrupted/outdated driver. Hence, I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website for the same computer model as you have and install the latest driver compatible with Windows 10.

Also, refer to Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa that explains:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Smartpad not working anymore

Elan SmartPad on Samsung Ultrabook not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Step1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad Driver.

• Press Windows + x key together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver
      icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    if the issue still persist refer to the below method.

Method 2:

I would like to inform you that as Windows 10 is latest Operating System and it would be needing latest device drivers to work correctly, as the Driver Updates are not available on the manufacturer website I suggest you to install
    drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Install the Driver in Compatibility mode:

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10. I suggest you to download the
    Latest Drivers from Manufacturer website and install the in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in
      Compatibility Mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Please do reply and let us know the troubleshooting results. If the issue persists, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Smartpad not working anymore

1. Smartpad not working anymore - Similar Threads - Smartpad working anymore

2. Bluetooth is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not working anymore: I wanted to connect my VR headset through bluetooth but unfortunately when I tried to connect it, it says that I couldn’t. I have tried running a troubleshooter about my Bluetooth problem and it says that I don’t have Bluetooth Capability even though, I remember my bluetooth...
  3. Controller not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working anymore: My Dualshock ps4 controller no longer works with my Asos laptop. It used to work on Fortnite and then something changed. I recently installed Warzone, and it didn't connect, and now it doesn't work on anything. It connects, but doesn't do anything. I have installed drivers...
  4. Virtualization NOT working anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtualization NOT working anymore: I was able to run VMWare workstation before and now it wont work even when my processor has the capability and I enable virtualization in BIOS. Like I said it was working before. Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎8/‎2/‎2020 OS build 19042.685 Experience...
  5. Cortana is not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working anymore: The message "The Oficce 365 associates with your mailbox is hosted in an unsupported location, try signing in with your personal account" appears when I login into Cortana. But when I log in with another account, it works! Any advice?? [Movido para Inglês]...
  6. Share not working anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share not working anymore: For years I've cross-mounted these two computers so that each can see the C: drive on the other. But now one direction is failing. Code: COMPUTER A COMPUTER B ---------------------- ---------------------- USER --> Bonnie Bruce HOST --> laptop DellDesktop IP --> 192.168.1.226...
  7. Bluetooth not working anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth not working anymore: Hello, I am on an Acer Aspire E 15. My laptop updated recently and now I am unable to use Bluetooth. It does not show up in the action center and when I go to the actual settings, it says Bluetooth is not on. I ran the troubleshooter on the Bluetooth settings and it informed...
  8. Bluetooth not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working anymore: Today I was watching something with my Bluetooth headphones connected and suddenly I wasn't hearing anything anymore. I checked Bluetooth and It said they were still connected so I tried disconnecting them. It didn't work so I turned of Bluetooth. After that I couldn't turn...
  9. Camera not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working anymore: I have an HP EliteBook 840 G5 When I first got the laptop the camera was working fine, but I think a Windows update has messed up something. I get this error whenever I try to use it. I know my camera isn't damaged or anything and I've tried uninstalling the drivers then...
  10. mediacreationtool not working (anymore)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mediacreationtool not working (anymore): I wanted to migrate back to Windows8.1, but the mediacreationtool doesnt let me download the windows8.1 iso file anymore. I guess this totally purposely, to force people into Windows10. It just says something like "cant download bla bla" the moment I click ok. A friend tested...