Windows 10: Smartphone Futurology: Science behind next phone's battery

Discus and support Smartphone Futurology: Science behind next phone's battery in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's more going on in your smartphone battery than you might think Welcome to Smartphone Futurology. In this new series of science-filled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Smartphone Futurology: Science behind next phone's battery

Read more: Smartphone Futurology: The science behind your next phone's battery | Windows Central

:)

Brink, Jan 2, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

HUAWEI ASC W1 - switching off at 3% of batery

I would assume the phone wants enough power to perform a clean shutdown in the event of critical battery. Also, remember that measuring percent is not an exact science, so the actual battery level could be lower than anticipated.

Entegy, Jan 2, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    What is happening between Nokia and Microsoft.

It is the fact.

Another fact is that, in the "smartphones" segment, Nokia has dropped to #3 behind Apple and Samsung, as far as phones sold this year goes. Total number of mobile phones manufactured and sold, Nokia is still #1, but in terms of money/revenue generated to
    the company, it is #2 (behind Apple). In the past, Nokia used to sell more phones and make more units than the next several manufacturers behind it combined. Those days are over.

It is also a fact, that Windows Phone has declined in market share from what it used to have before when it was called Windows Mobile (even its strongest market, USA). So, Nokia is switching from what used to be the biggest smartphone platform to one of
    the smallest and a shrinking platform, which means a very steep climb up is required, and extremely difficult to accomplish.

petrib, Jan 2, 2015
Thema:

Smartphone Futurology: Science behind next phone's battery

1. Smartphone Futurology: Science behind next phone's battery - Similar Threads - Smartphone Futurology Science

2. Are Microsoft webservices safe behind next public IP 209.197.3.8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft webservices safe behind next public IP 209.197.3.8?: We've started getting alerts from Cisco Firewalls, Cisco AMP clients related to Microsoft webservices, msedge.b.tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com, http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/disa,...
  3. Are Microsoft webservices safe behind next public IP 209.197.3.8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Microsoft webservices safe behind next public IP 209.197.3.8?: We've started getting alerts from Cisco Firewalls, Cisco AMP clients related to Microsoft webservices, msedge.b.tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com, http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/disa,...
  4. Are Microsoft webservices safe behind next public IP 209.197.3.8?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Smartphone-like Battery Status in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartphone-like Battery Status in Windows 11: Hi everyone, I recently noticed that the numeric percentage on the battery icon of Android/IOS can be a feature in Microsoft Windows such as in Oppo and iPhone devices instead of hovering on to it.I would like to suggest this feature. Thank you....
  6. Smartphone-like Battery Status in Windows 11

Smartphone-like Battery Status in Windows 11: Hi everyone, I recently noticed that the numeric percentage on the battery icon of Android/IOS can be a feature in Microsoft Windows such as in Oppo and iPhone devices instead of hovering on to it.I would like to suggest this feature. Thank you....
  7. Next generation windows phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next generation windows phones: Will Microsoft ever work on new generation of windows phone? It was a great experience for me, especially the unique tile based interface metro look. I would like to see the comeback of Microsoft in smartphone business powered by Windows OS. Since the company is trying to...
  8. Next generation windows phones

Next generation windows phones: Will Microsoft ever work on new generation of windows phone? It was a great experience for me, especially the unique tile based interface metro look. I would like to see the comeback of Microsoft in smartphone business powered by Windows OS. Since the company is trying to...
  9. Does Your Phone need a Bluetooth connection to communicate with the smartphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Your Phone need a Bluetooth connection to communicate with the smartphone?: I thought Phone Companion and Your Phone needed a Bluetooth connection so that PC and the phone can communicate? However, without a Bluetooth connection, I find Phone Companion is still connected to my PC. Is this normal behaviour? I could have sworn that before it said that...
  10. science

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    science: % of the surface of the is . without we could not . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/science/5d890292-a912-44ee-b757-5b9b6993cd79