Windows 10: SmartScreen filter prevents an app

Discus and support SmartScreen filter prevents an app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I frequently visit a banking website. Every time SmartScreen prevents being unrecognized app from starting. I start it every time by pressing more info... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pravinb, Nov 26, 2015.

1. pravinb Win User

SmartScreen filter prevents an app

I frequently visit a banking website. Every time SmartScreen prevents being unrecognized app from starting. I start it every time by pressing more info and then Run anyway. Is there any way by which I can add this website as an exception to SmartScreen filter so that it starts immediately bypassing the filter?

:)

pravinb, Nov 26, 2015

2. turn Smartscreen off entirely?

I've done all the steps to turn Smartscreen OFF but it STILL blocks certain files I attempt to download.

Message: "This unsafe download was blocked by Smartscreen filter"

Windows 10, Edge

How can prevent this worthless filter from blocking these downloads?

dandreamingbear, Nov 26, 2015
  3. SmartsScreen filter

We have developed a desktop app for Windows 10 - it has been certified and has a windows logo - it is also EV Code signed by Comodo - BUT - despite this it still activates the SmartScreen filter and display the software app as being 'HARMFUL'.

We thought we had done everything to ensure it is OK - what else can we do to prevent users from getting the SmartScreen warning message? Help

JaneStroud, Nov 26, 2015
  4. SmartScreen filter prevents an app

Can you screenshot the error and what it is blocking exactly?

garydexter, Nov 29, 2015
  5. pravinb Win User
    Enclosed are two screenshots. One, the error message and second is after running it anyway. Site address is ENet

SmartScreen filter prevents an app [​IMG]

SmartScreen filter prevents an app [​IMG]

pravinb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SmartScreen filter prevents an app

1. SmartScreen filter prevents an app - Similar Threads - SmartScreen filter prevents

2. connectivity issues on gaming apps and smartscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connectivity issues on gaming apps and smartscreen: Good Morning,i first noticed on thursday evening that when i launched Steam i kept getting an error 101 telling me i couldnt connect to their servers. an hour or so before i had no issues with that and i could use my internet to browse and stream with no trouble what so ever,...
  3. SmartScreen

SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  4. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  5. A malicious link doesn't display using SmartScreen filter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A malicious link doesn't display using SmartScreen filter: Hello,<Removed> is a phishing link and it is not been detected by smartscreen yet.Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/a-malicious-link-doesnt-display-using-smartscreen/6972b20b-ae64-4adf-a641-5306ff576158
  6. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You can enable or disable the SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10 using Windows Security or Registry Editor. SmartScreen is, it is […] This article Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...
  8. Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10

Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10: Hi, According to this page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=vs.85%29.aspx Navigate to section :: "To turn off Turn on SmartScreen Filter to check web content (URLs) that Windows Store apps use:" I have created a .bat file with the following contents:...
  9. Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10

Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10: I wrote a program for my personal use in Visual Studio 2013 and am trying to get it to run without Windows SmartScreen popping up every time I run the executable. I've been searching for about two hours now and have tried a number of different methods, including unblocking...
  10. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...