Windows 10: SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to...

Discus and support SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hey guys, well i had Flight Simulator X on my old pc but when i tried to play it on steam on my new pc it told me i didn't have the game and I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnRomero2, Jul 29, 2018.

1. SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to...

hey guys, well i had Flight Simulator X on my old pc but when i tried to play it on steam on my new pc it told me i didn't have the game and I had to buy it again , so i decided to get it for free on a website which has a huge amount of games for free , and well i downloaded the game after installing and extracting it , the application doesn't allow me to play by saying to make sure the target and startin folder point to the correct path and folder , i downloaded the steam version btw to get the same feel as always. Please help i wanna know how to play it without having to buy it again. <3

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

JohnRomero2, Jul 29, 2018
  2. yugendra Win User

How to solve 'Make sure the 'Target' and 'StartIn' folder point to correct path and folder' popup?

How to solve 'Make sure the 'Target' and 'StartIn' folder point to correct path and folder' popup?in microsoft flight simulator x-stream edition
    and i have installed the game in

target "D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\SmartSteamLoader.exe"

startin "D:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition"

i have read updates about thi and what is stream client?

and how to run it?

yugendra, Jul 29, 2018
  3. How to solve 'Make sure the 'Target' and 'StartIn' folder point to correct path and folder' popup?

Hi,

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal
    startup mode.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 29, 2018
  4. SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to...

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to...

1. SmartSteamEmu: Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'Startin' folder point to... - Similar Threads - SmartSteamEmu Unable launch

2. Issue with game folders and launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with game folders and launching: I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock on the Minecraft Launcher but when I try to load the game it tells me that it "Failed to load game". I went to the files to see if anything was wrong but it turns out I don't have a...
  3. Issue with game folders and launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with game folders and launching: I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock on the Minecraft Launcher but when I try to load the game it tells me that it "Failed to load game". I went to the files to see if anything was wrong but it turns out I don't have a...
  4. Unable to make new folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to make new folders.: I tried a couple of the solutions from google searches. Safe mode and made a new kee in the proper place and pasted the kee value. But still the same. 182553
  5. Entry point not found while launching the game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry point not found while launching the game: The issue happen when I launch the Crysis Remastered game. The game has downloaded and launch through the Epic game store and launcher. The error pop-up show as below. The procedure entry point vkBindBufferMemory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program...
  6. Unable to Launch Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Launch Epic Games Launcher: Epic Games Launcher is Unable to open, an error number "0xc000007b" is occurring. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-epic-games-launcher/317f25d7-fe68-4c12-b348-7c4d545a04b6
  7. how do I fix "Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'StartIn' folder point to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I fix "Unable to launch game. Make sure the 'Target' and 'StartIn' folder point to...: hello, I've always had problems with steam and I lost my password too and could not get access to my games. So I pirated an old game I had Power and revolution I followed all the steps it said to do, it worked for a bit. but after a week it stopped and gave me this message:...
  8. startin and target folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startin and target folders: hello, how do i check where my target and startin folders are for steam emu?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startin-and-target-folders/ba0912e3-b518-49aa-b777-fe843148fb1c
  9. Unable to launch Asphalt games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch Asphalt games on PC: asphalt 8 airborne worked on my computer yesterday today it wont work.redownloaded it and it loads but then closes. had the same problem with asphalt 9. ***Original title: asphalt 8 airborne wont work anymore on my computer***...
  10. BSOD when startin most games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when startin most games: Hello. I am having the unfotunate problem, where i am getting a BSOD when i try to start most of my games. I have included the Debug info, I hope that some one is able to help Anders 18739

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to launch game make sure the target

2. smartsteamemu unable to launch game

3. smart steam emu unable to launch game

4. smartsteamemu,
  5. SmartSteamLoader unable to launch game,
  6. unable to launch game. make sure the target and startin folder point to correct path and folder,
  7. smartsteamemu unable to launch game make sure the target and startin folder,
  8. unable to launch game make sure the target and startin folder point to correct path and folder,
  9. make sure the target and startin,
  10. steam smart emu make sure target and start in,
  11. make sure the target and startin folder point,
  12. unable to launch game,
  13. unable to launch game make sure the target and startin,
  14. unable to launch game make sure the target and startin folder,
  15. make sure the target and startin folder