Windows 10: SMB v1.0 on Windows 10 - The Parameter is Incorrect

Discus and support SMB v1.0 on Windows 10 - The Parameter is Incorrect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright.. Got another one kicking my butt here. First, let me start by saying, I know that 1803 has disabled SMB 1.0 by default. I have re-enabled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Labonte18, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Labonte18 Win User

SMB v1.0 on Windows 10 - The Parameter is Incorrect

Alright.. Got another one kicking my butt here. First, let me start by saying, I know that 1803 has disabled SMB 1.0 by default. I have re-enabled it and this problem started prior to 1803. Best I can tell, the first time it happened was in KB4015217.. Back then, we could remove that update and it would work again.

So.. With that out of the way.. A brief description of the problem. We use a version of RTOS that supports SMB 1.0 only. we're upgrading to the latest version that will support SMB 3.0, I believe, but.. We're not there yet, and right now, we cannot SMB to it on any Win10 machine. Though, SMB via XP, 7 or 8 and older versions of Win10 are fine.

The way we access the share is by entering the IP address. So, in windows explorer, enter in \\192.168.1.101\posfiles and it will prompt you for username and password. The username is hardcoded as admin, the password is GENERALLY not set, but since the problem started, I've tried with and without a password, and the same result is obtained.

On Win10 systems that have the KB4015217 patch or later or any machine with 1803.. When you attempt to do this, even after re-enabling SMB 1.0 if it happened to be disabled.. You will get a message of "The Parameter is Incorrect"

Well.. Lovely, Microsoft. What parameter and what's incorrect about it?

I've nosed around in Wireshark a little today, and.. I can't really find anything wrong. It gets to a Query Path Info and just seemingly dies there.

Not the strongest on SMB under the hood because.. Well.. It generally just works. So, I'm doing quite a bit of reading trying to figure out how to troubleshoot it and.. Not having a whole lot of luck. Any thoughts?

I should note here.. If I point to a SPECIFIC file.. It will open the file. So, for example, using

\\192.168.0.54\POSFiles\Data\test.txt

If I go to that address... It will open the text.txt file. So, it seems that perhaps this is something in the directory/file browsing..

:)

Labonte18, Aug 29, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Aug 29, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Aug 29, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

1. SMB v1.0 on Windows 10 - The Parameter is Incorrect - Similar Threads - SMB Parameter Incorrect

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the parameter is incorrect: The other day Forza horizon 5 kept giving me the error "the parameter is incorrect" after restarting the PC I reinstalled it 4 times but continued to get the error then I moved it to my windows SSD and that fixed it and at the time all apps were working a few days later and...
  4. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  5. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  6. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  7. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  8. the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the parameter is incorrect: Hi, So I decommissioned a computer that had a disk full of movies, music and pictures. Then moved it to the new machine. Once in the new machine I'm getting "Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect." I'm getting this error on random files, mostly most recent files that...
  9. SMB v1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  10. PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PARAMETER INCORRECT: [ATTACH] HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parameter-incorrect/7cf564b3-316f-4a62-9273-30781e9e6c95

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the parameter is incorrect windows 10 1809

2. windows 10 the parameter is incorrect smb a network application

3. SMB v1.0 windows 10

4. the parameter is incorrect win 10 2018,
  5. download smb v1.0 windows 10