Windows 10: SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal?

Discus and support SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was browsing through my Event Viewer today and came across the following event. Should this be there even though this is a stand alone machine that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paigeorge, Feb 4, 2016.

1. paigeorge Win User

SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal?

I was browsing through my Event Viewer today and came across the following event. Should this be there even though this is a stand alone machine that should not be connected to any SMB servers or clients? Also, my Device Manager shows a MS Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter and when I disable it, I get tcp/ip disconnect events in one of the SMB channels. I've uninstalled the Virtual Adapter from the Device Manager, but every time I run a device scan or restart the computer, it is back and enabled. I am newbie, but I'm trying to figure this stuff out, so forgive me it's the answer is obvious.

Thank you,
    Paige

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer
    Date: 2/4/2016 6:21:13 PM
    Event ID: 1010
    Task Category: (1010)
    Level: Information
    Keywords: (8)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: PaigeDesktop
    Description:
    Endpoint added.

Name: PAIGEDESKTOP
    Domain Name: OFFICE
    Transport Name: \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{91B52EBE-F6AC-49F7-BB4A-8F4A83B2B97D}
    Transport Flags: 0x1

Guidance:

You should expect this event when the server starts listening on an interface, such as during system restart or when enabling a network adaptor. No user action is required.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer" Guid="{D48CE617-33A2-4BC3-A5C7-11AA4F29619E}" />
    <EventID>1010</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>1010</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x2000000000000008</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-04T23:21:13.678574800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>68</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="13144" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>PaigeDesktop</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <UserData>
    <EventData xmlns="Smb2Namespace">
    <NameLength>16</NameLength>
    <Name>PAIGEDESKTOP </Name>
    <DomainNameLength>6</DomainNameLength>
    <DomainName>OFFICE</DomainName>
    <TransportNameLength>58</TransportNameLength>
    <TransportName>\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{91B52EBE-F6AC-49F7-BB4A-8F4A83B2B97D}</TransportName>
    <TransportFlags>0x1</TransportFlags>
    </EventData>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

:)

paigeorge, Feb 4, 2016

2. microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

My computer doesn't have the Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter. Is there anything avaliable like a USB plug in that would serve the same purpose as the MIcrosoft wifi direct virtual adapter?

GeneTrantham, Feb 4, 2016
  3. 勝華黃 Win User
    Reboot Lost My Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct virtual Adapter

Hi

My Windows 10 1709 RS3

Reboot Will Lost My Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct virtual Adapter

Please tall Me Lost Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct virtual Adapter will effect what's Wifi Function

or How to Fix this issue

勝華黃, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal?

1. SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal? - Similar Threads - SMBServer Operational WiFi

2. Direct Virtual Adapter is not operation for 1 and 2, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Virtual Adapter is not operation for 1 and 2, how do I fix this?: I have been unable to connect to the internet, it says secure but no internet when I connect to the Wifi. I recently swapped the Wifi card and that worked for 2 days but now the same issue has cropped up. it says that the virtual adapter is not operational, does this play a...
  3. Direct Virtual Adapter is not operation for 1 and 2, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct Virtual Adapter is not operation for 1 and 2, how do I fix this?: I have been unable to connect to the internet, it says secure but no internet when I connect to the Wifi. I recently swapped the Wifi card and that worked for 2 days but now the same issue has cropped up. it says that the virtual adapter is not operational, does this play a...
  4. wi-fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wi-fi direct virtual adapter: My computer will not connect to wi-fi. Seems the wi-fi direct virtual adapter shows a Code 10. Can anyone explain? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-direct-virtual-adapter/efd78072-3147-4024-90ac-69531e5c301b
  5. how to re enable microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter ?

how to re enable microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter ?: HI, i was troubleshooting miracast connection and mistakenly i disable the Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual adapter local area connection. this adapter appear only when i connect to casting device. manually i add microsoft remote display adapter but i found that there is nor...
  6. Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter problem

Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter problem: I have a weird problem with Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter, it shows in device manager & it doesn't have any marks on it[ATTACH]but it won't show in network adapters,[ATTACH] i tried sfc & deleting hosted network... Registry key but no luck....
  7. How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?: Hi, When I turn on the wifi of my Android TV, it shows a wifi direct listed in available networks which is of my laptop running windows 10. Its name is shown as DIRECT-NFPONNUSmsDK. In this, "PONNUS" was the name of my laptop previously. I change the name to Arun. But the...
  8. Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 has a driver problem

Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 has a driver problem: I have a Surface 3 and today when I opened Defender it said Microsoft Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter #2 has a driver problem. I ran troubleshooting and it said it has the latest driver. How do I get the yellow triangle to go away?...
  9. Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter

Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter: the goal is I want to activate Mobile hotspot that use this driver Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter #4 in order to work. apparently only this adapter, the other virtual adapter didnt work to activate mobile hotspot. but the my Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter is...
  10. Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter: i m using win10 ver 1803. connectivity problem while using miracast. after doing lots of research i found the problem with Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter. My System Mac address is ba:81:98:26:20:c8. My system is showing Two Wifi direct virtual adapter,1. Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is wifi adapter guid direct

2. 0x2000000000000008