Windows 10: Snip or Snip & Share?

Discus and support Snip or Snip & Share? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I first got my Win10 insider I used the Snip tool - it's icon is a pink pair of scissors. Then I discovered the Snip & Share tool, which has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brianwall, Mar 24, 2016.

1. brianwall Win User

Snip or Snip & Share?

When I first got my Win10 insider I used the Snip tool - it's icon is a pink pair of scissors. Then I discovered the Snip & Share tool, which has a black icon and puts a tool bar in the centre top of the screen. This was great. I did everything I needed. Then on a recent fast track update, none of the snip tools would work. I have multiple monitors and they sent the screens crazy. I tried a couple of third party tools with the same result. I tried various video drivers ranging from the very latest to several versions old. No go. In addition, my Daum Potplayer now can't run full screen as this causes the other screen to flash.

Firstly, it is extremely confusing the way MS have named these tools. Secondly it is very frustrating that something in the last two insider builds has messed up my graphics is such a peculiar and limited way. Everything else runs just fine.

Any insights please?

:)

brianwall, Mar 24, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Media Player

You can use the built in Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of any part of the video

Click your Start Button, type snip and you will see the snipping tool in the list

Start the snipping tool

In Windows Media Player or the TV & Video application pause the video and take the screenshot, repeat as necessary!

DaveM121, Mar 24, 2016
  3. how to remove black bar between taskbar and bottom of screen also top of screen

Right, post a picture using the Snipping Tool.

To get the Snipping Tool...

(1) Click START, All Apps, Windows Accessories.

(2) R-Clk the Snipping Tool, & select Pin To Taskbar.

It will appear in the Taskbar as a scissors icon.

To save a snip...

(1) Click the Snipping Tool in the Taskbar, then its New button.

(2) Outline the portion of the screen you wish to snip.

(3) Click the Disk icon to save the snip.

It will save to "Capture.PNG".

To post the snip...

(1) Click the Insert Image icon above your post...

Snip or Snip & Share? [​IMG]

(2) Click the Browse button, then select "Capture.PNG".

(3) Finally, click the Upload button.

It will appear in the post.

PCR Just PCR, Mar 24, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Snip or Snip & Share?

Today's update, (Mar 25, 2016), to Build 14295, should have most of those issues fixed.

Edwin, Mar 25, 2016
  5. brianwall Win User
    Yes indeed. Within hours of posting my windows updated and voila.

brianwall, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Snip or Snip & Share?

1. Snip or Snip & Share? - Similar Threads - Snip Snip Share

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen snip not displaying snips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen snip not displaying snips: hi,I'm using Win10 Enterprise LTSC, I have been using Screen snip and it works well, but today when I take a snip the snip is not displayed, I've tried rebooting but this didn't make any difference, I checked Apps and Features and screen snip is not listed in it. The steps I...
  6. Screen snip not displaying snips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen snip not displaying snips: hi,I'm using Win10 Enterprise LTSC, I have been using Screen snip and it works well, but today when I take a snip the snip is not displayed, I've tried rebooting but this didn't make any difference, I checked Apps and Features and screen snip is not listed in it. The steps I...
  7. Snip and Sketch share button

Snip and Sketch share button: Hi.Is it possible to include Teams as a destiny in the Snip and Sketch share button? Or is it possible to choose what programs are a destiny to a Windows app share button, if that's the case?Thank you....
  8. Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips

Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips: Hello, Whenever I try to send a snip as either an attachment or in the body of an email, I receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. Snip and Sketch Share with Outlook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip and Sketch Share with Outlook: How can I add outlook to the snip and sketch tool so that we can mail with our default program rather than the built in windows mail tool? Are win32 apps excluded from snip & sketch? I don't mind the new tool but it should work with the ms business ecosystem and no push...