Windows 10: snipping tool and taskbar

Discus and support snipping tool and taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until a few days ago, I had a snipping tool which was fixed to my task bar. I use it a lot - and I mean a lot - so that's the place it's most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by puntz, Jun 21, 2016.

1. puntz Win User

snipping tool and taskbar

Until a few days ago, I had a snipping tool which was fixed to my task bar. I use it a lot - and I mean a lot - so that's the place it's most convenient. But today I go to use it and it's no longer there! I had an update a day or two ago so I suppose that's when/where it went.

Anyway, managed to locate it and created a shortcut to my desktop but cannot get it fixed into my task bar again!
    When I open the dialogue box it does say "pin to start" but that's not the same as task bar, is it?

snipping tool and taskbar [​IMG]

I want it here

Can anyone help me?

(Oh, and I tried the 'restore previous version' option but it did nothing)

:)

puntz, Jun 21, 2016

2. Snipping Tool

After I click on the "Snipping Tool" icon on the taskbar, the Snipping tool box appears on the screen. When moving the cursor from the taskbar onto the document, the Snipping tool box moves the the desktop.

1948Plymouth, Jun 21, 2016
  3. snipping tool does not save image after assigning "save to"location in windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Here's a cool tip: If you pin the Snipping Tool to the taskbar, it gets an automatic keyboard shortcut. WindowsKey+Number, where number is the icon position on the taskbar.

On all my computers, I put the snip tool as the 2nd icon on my taskbar (after Explorer). So I can press WindowsLogo+2 to start the snip tool anytime.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 21, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Run Snipping Tool, when it's running right click it in taskbar and select Pin to taskbar:

You can now close Snipping Tool, it remains pinned.

5. puntz Win User
    Thank you so much. However, when I do that, the only option I get is 'close window'
    And you will note the icon in the task bar is blank as well - is that significant?

*Sad

puntz, Jun 21, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    The icon in your screenshot is wrong, for some reason it's not the actual Snipping Tool tool that you have there.

Try this:

Using Cortana / Search, search for Snipping Tool. Right click it in search results, select Pin to taskbar:

Now you should have it pinned:

7. puntz Win User
    Thank you Karri! Your assistance actually led me to my solution which is here!

As is so often said "it's easy when you know how"!

This is in All Apps > Windows accessories

puntz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. snipping tool and taskbar - Similar Threads - snipping tool taskbar

2. snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing: Hi- when we upgraded at our school to Windows 11, my snipping tool icon will not display on the taskbar when it's pinned now - it just shows a greyish area with a tiny blue line underneath it. How do I get the snip tool icon to display when pinned to the taskbar? I don't have...
  3. snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing: Hi- when we upgraded at our school to Windows 11, my snipping tool icon will not display on the taskbar when it's pinned now - it just shows a greyish area with a tiny blue line underneath it. How do I get the snip tool icon to display when pinned to the taskbar? I don't have...
  4. snipping tool

snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  5. Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool: When I first got my computer, my screenshots were conveniently saved to "This PC > Pictures". Then, possibly after an update, they began being saved on my desktop. What do I need to do so that my screenshots are saved in Pictures again?Thank you in advance for your help!...
  6. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  7. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  8. snipping tool

in Cortana
    snipping tool: My snipping tool disappeared and when I type anything in box that says type here to search and hit enter, it does nothing any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/01a3daaa-1c43-4963-b423-29c18ec862c9"
  9. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    snipping tool: when I select new snip the screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/49dd112f-baea-4beb-82fa-04228503349c
  10. Snip Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip Tool: A long time favourite of mine is the MS Snipping Tool included with Windows. Unfortunately this has recently come up with a "Snipping Tool is moving..." which has me concerned. On some of my PC's the new tool has installed, but on others it has not. And when I click on the...