Windows 10: Snipping tool extends beyond window

Discus and support Snipping tool extends beyond window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I select "Window Snip" on Snipping tool it includes a little of whatever is behind on the sides and bottom. Is this a new issue? I'm pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adamf, Nov 3, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

Snipping tool extends beyond window

When I select "Window Snip" on Snipping tool it includes a little of whatever is behind on the sides and bottom.

Is this a new issue? I'm pretty sure it didn't do it in 8 but can't quite remember and don't have any older versions installed at the moment to check.

Attachment 7890

:)

adamf, Nov 3, 2014

2. Snipping tool

I have a number of long newspaper articles I want to copy from a web page. These extend over several web pages, but Snipping Tool will not 'snip' beyond a page at a time. My solution so far is to open a blank Word page>snip the web page>copy>paste into
    Word. It's tedious, and my grandfather wrote 30 of these stories! Is there any way to get the snipping tool to capture more than one page at a time? Thanks, Alan

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Alan and Jan Dalton, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Windows taskbar extends beyond screen

Hello,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build is currently installed in your computer?
    Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 3, 2014
  4. swarfega Win User

It looks like they haven't updated the tool with the new borderless windows. Hopefully they'll fix that.

swarfega, Nov 3, 2014
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Nice catch Adam. No, It does not happen in Windows 8 and surprisingly, it does not happen with third party software either such as Snagit, FSCapture etc...

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Nice catch indeed! It's definitely the new 'no boarders' thing, with a classic theme it captures boarders.

Snipping tool extends beyond window [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 3, 2014
  7. Good to know borders are still being seen by something *Smile
    A little too much transparency *Wink

ThrashZone, Nov 3, 2014
  8. adamf Win User

Thanks for the replies guys. It was bugging me more than it deserved too for some reason.

adamf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Snipping tool extends beyond window - Similar Threads - Snipping tool extends

2. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  3. Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool: When I first got my computer, my screenshots were conveniently saved to "This PC > Pictures". Then, possibly after an update, they began being saved on my desktop. What do I need to do so that my screenshots are saved in Pictures again?Thank you in advance for your help!...
  4. Windows snipping tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows snipping tool: The file SnipUsagesUpload.txt is getting very large. Can I delete it and still use the snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-snipping-tool/f4f53e67-0d81-47a0-9b3e-b315c6f67c23
  5. Windows snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows snipping tool: The file SnipUsagesUpload.txt is getting very large. Can I delete it and still use the snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-snipping-tool/f4f53e67-0d81-47a0-9b3e-b315c6f67c23
  6. Windows snipping tool

7. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  8. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  9. Windows Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Snipping Tool: I like this quick and easy tool for various jobs, such as cutting photos, stories, obituaries, from on-line newspapers. Why and to where is it moving? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-snipping-tool/9dcff274-a30f-4b6c-8663-7b3825549462
  10. Windows Snipping Tool

Windows Snipping Tool: I tried to use my Windows Snipping Tool Today and it would not open. it worked the last time I used it About 2 weeks ago I have never had any trouble with it until today Thanks for any help. I have windows 10 32 bit 48295

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool extends beyond page