Windows 10: Snipping tool image too big!

Discus and support Snipping tool image too big! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When using the snipping tool in 10, I have noticed that the completed image is far too large for desktop background, this was not so when i first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobD, Nov 27, 2015.

1. RobD Win User

Snipping tool image too big!

When using the snipping tool in 10, I have noticed that the completed image is far too large for desktop background, this was not so when i first upgraded to 10, any help welcome, not very technical, so help please.

:)

2. BulldogXX Win User

Snipping tool

Because the image is too large for one page? That would be my guess. The snipping tool doesn't resize snips.

BulldogXX, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Size of the bars is too large

Hello,

After my last update of windows 10, the size of some of the bars is really big. For example (as you can see in the picture attached), in the IE 11, the bars are really big. The tool bars in the snipping tool are also too big. How can I reduce the size?

Regards,

Petar
    Snipping tool image too big! [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PeterKosev, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

When you save the snip (File / Save as), change the file type to jpg from png.

I just used Snip to do a full screen capture and saving as PNG was 1.52MB while saving as JPG was 232MB.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2015
  5. RobD Win User
    Hi, I have tried the snipping tool again for small area, using rectangle, and using JPG and PNG, but the problem persists, the snip is far too big.

6. RobD Win User
    Hi, I have tried the snipping tool again for small area, using rectangle, and using JPG and PNG, but the problem persists, the snip is far too big. (snip of coloured logo on this site) 8.68KB far too big on desktop

7. Sounds like it's stretching the image to fit the screen. Go into Settings, then Personalization and select Center under Choose a Fit.

sciencegeek, Nov 27, 2015
  8. RobD Win User

Spot on, thanks a lot.

RobD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Snipping tool image too big! - Similar Threads - Snipping tool image

2. The snipping tool cannot immediately edit the image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The snipping tool cannot immediately edit the image.: One day, I suddenly found that when I press Win+Shift+S to capture the screen, a notification pops up in the bottom right corner. After clicking on the Snip & Sketch tool, I should be able to see the captured screen inside the tool. However, it's not appearing now. Here are...
  3. The snipping tool cannot immediately edit the image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The snipping tool cannot immediately edit the image.: One day, I suddenly found that when I press Win+Shift+S to capture the screen, a notification pops up in the bottom right corner. After clicking on the Snip & Sketch tool, I should be able to see the captured screen inside the tool. However, it's not appearing now. Here are...
  4. Windows 10 Snip Image too dark..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Snip Image too dark..: Windows Version10.0.19042 Build 19042 When using SnipImage on sites with a dark mode,,as soon as you select NEW the entire site gets dark. Making it difficult to see what you are selecting to clip... Any suggestions ?? Try it on this sites forum home page and you'll see what...
  5. Why is the snipping tool too sensitive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is the snipping tool too sensitive?: For the past 3-4 months, my snipping tool became oversensitive and does not work. Based on research, It seems to be an issue w Windows 10. I am using a Bluetooth Logitech 557 mouse I went into mouse settings to adjust the double click speed and the pointer speed, still it...
  6. PrtScn and Snipping Tool pictures too big

PrtScn and Snipping Tool pictures too big: Submitted through the feedback hub but I really need an answer to fix this. PrtScn was working fine until yesterday, now for some reason anytime I take a screenshot the image is twice as large as it needs to be. The part I want is on the left half, the right half always...
  7. Snipping Tool: Snip of Video Screen Shows Black image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool: Snip of Video Screen Shows Black image: On my HP Spectre x360 when using the snipping tool, instead of showing the image I just snipped in this case a snip from a video I just get a blank or black screenshot. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Please note that I did not have this issue with my Microsoft...
  8. Snipping tool image is not seen by email recipient

Snipping tool image is not seen by email recipient: I love the snipping tool but not when it doesn't work. When I snip and send to email recipient (not copy and paste, file/send to/email recipient), I see it in my outgoing email (via Outlook) but the email recipient only gets a blank email. What to do?...
  9. Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!

Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!: Hi, I have been using the Snipping Tool for a long time and like it. Today, for the first time, it changed the color of the image I am trying to snip. It did the same thing in the new Snip & Sketch. It overlays a darker reddish tint, changing yellow to orange and green or...
  10. Snipping Tool images freezing on screen

Snipping Tool images freezing on screen: Hi I have a persistent error with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 that has plagued me for month or so. I used the tool to capture two screen images and that worked fine, they automatically downloaded in Picture folder. However the images remain frozen on my screen and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pasting snip into email is very large

2. snipping tool image too large

3. windows 7 images from snipping tool are too large when pating into email

4. why is the image from the snipping tool pasting so large,
  5. why is picture so grainy in snipping tool,
  6. snipping tool is too large,
  7. why is snipping tool image too big,
  8. when pasting snip & sketch in pdf the image is too big,
  9. snipit tool window too large,
  10. sni[pping tool image too small,
  11. Snipping Tool Pesting very Big Images,