Windows 10: Snipping Tool in Windows 10

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old shortcut to the Snipping Tool and just clicked on it after upgrade. It launches but doesn't seem to be able to save anything any longer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Snipping Tool in Windows 10

I have an old shortcut to the Snipping Tool and just clicked on it after upgrade. It launches but doesn't seem to be able to save anything any longer. Anyone knows anything about this?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
  2. RupKumar1 Win User

Windows 10 - Snipping Tool

You can take screenshot on windows 10 using a very handy feature snipping tool. No need to download snipping tool for windows 10. There are several ways present to take screenshot on windows 10 and the most famous is clicking “windows+print screen” key.

Windows 10 snipping tool
    allows you to take screenshot in a easier way with the help of snipping tool mode and timer.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool is by searching “Snipping tool” text in windows 10 search section and there you will find the snipping tool application.

See below some snipping tool windows 10 :

• Skitch
    • Monosnap
    • Lightshot
    Snipping tool windows 10 is the source of this information. Please go through it and find more information.

RupKumar1, Jul 15, 2016
  3. RupKumar1 Win User
    I cannot locate Snipping Tool in Windows 10.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool hit “Windows+R” and type “snippingtool” with enter you open

snipping tool in windows 10

RupKumar1, Jul 15, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

I'm not sure where your problem is. I use it very often and have no problems with it. Is it that you can't take a snip or you can't save it?

essenbe, Jul 15, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    I cant save anything with it. Click "Save as" or "Save" and nothing happens.

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    Where are you saving it to? Might be a permissions issue.

Did you upgrade from Windows 7?

swarfega, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Hannele2 Win User
    I don't get the Save dialogue box at all. Basically nothing happens when I click Save or Save as after making a snip.

Hannele2, Jul 16, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

You could try this:

in the search box, type CMD and open as administrator. run the command sfc /scannow and see it if reports any corruption.

swarfega, Jul 16, 2016
  9. Hannele2 Win User
    The problem mysteriously resolved itself in connection with me messing around with the build for other reasons.....

Hannele2, Jul 17, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    Glad you've managed to sort it *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Snipping Tool in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  7. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  8. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  9. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  10. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d