Windows 10: Snipping tool saves files hidden by default

Discus and support Snipping tool saves files hidden by default in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently performed a reset on my PC. The Windows accessory snipping tool now saves files as hidden by default, no matter where I save them. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Jul 14, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Snipping tool saves files hidden by default

I recently performed a reset on my PC. The Windows accessory snipping tool now saves files as hidden by default, no matter where I save them. This problem also occurs intermittently with Save As. Before the reset, Snipping Tool did not hide saved files by default. I read that this problem occurs with McAfee antivirus software, but I use Windows Defender. Files will be saved as unhidden if I bring them into Paint or Paint.net. I have set system files and folders to be visible. Still, how do I configure the snipping tool to save unhidden files by default?

:)

gogreen, Jul 14, 2016
  2. Debbiehyg Win User

Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Jul 14, 2016
  3. KaiEllis Win User
    Snipping Tool - Default Save Location in Windows 10

Does anybody know how to change the default location for snipping tool in Windows 10? When I try to save snips, it is trying to save to a non-existent F: drive rather then opening up the file explorer. Thanks,

KaiEllis, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

Snipping tool saves files hidden by default

1. Snipping tool saves files hidden by default - Similar Threads - Snipping tool saves

2. the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...: The setting in the snip program don't offer change to the default save as file type.Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-snip-tool-used-to-default-to-save-as-jpg-it/0f5b17f1-6459-4be1-a927-e5ef1253e9ac
  3. the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...: The setting in the snip program don't offer change to the default save as file type.Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-snip-tool-used-to-default-to-save-as-jpg-it/0f5b17f1-6459-4be1-a927-e5ef1253e9ac
  4. Snipping tool change to saved PNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool change to saved PNG files: I have noticed a recent change when using the snipping tool and saving the PNG files. Upon opening any of these, all of my other PNG saved images now appear at the bottom. Deleting them will also delete the separate PNG file. Is there a setting to not show these? Thanks in...
  5. Snipping tool change to saved PNG files

Snipping tool change to saved PNG files: I have noticed a recent change when using the snipping tool and saving the PNG files. Upon opening any of these, all of my other PNG saved images now appear at the bottom. Deleting them will also delete the separate PNG file. Is there a setting to not show these? Thanks in...
  6. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  8. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  9. Snipping Tool won't save

10. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...