Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Windows 7 machine I was able to click the Snipping Tool from the tool bar and it would open automatically in rectangular snip mode. Now, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatchesPete, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Snipping Tool

On my Windows 7 machine I was able to click the Snipping Tool from the tool bar and it would open automatically in rectangular snip mode. Now, with Windows 10 I have to click the Snipping Tool from the tool bar, snipping tool window opens, then I have to click on New and then finally select Rectangular snip. Is there a way to bypass the snipping tool window and go directly to rectangular snip mode like it used to do in Windows 7? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

:)

PatchesPete, Aug 8, 2016

2. Snipping Tool

Hi Bob,

There are several possibilities as to why the Snipping Tool screen overlay is not working as intended. This can include a recent update, system files that got corrupted or app settings that need to be changed. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to use the Snipping Tool?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 8, 2016
  3. John582n Win User
    Snipping Tool

I think you would need to do two snips then join the resulting images together using a 3rd party app such as Paint.net

John582n, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Snipping Tool

On all of my Windows 10 systems, when I run the snipping tool, all I have to click is "New" and I'm ready to capture. I've heard people complain about one extra mouse click, which always makes me laugh, but I don't have to select the shape. Sounds like you are clicking on the down arrow next the New button instead of on the new button itself.

DeaconFrost, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?: Hi,I am wondering if it is possible to disable the ability to screen record within Snipping Tool? We do not want to fully disable/remove Snipping Tool from our devices, just prevent it from screen recording as we use it for screenshots still. Any advice on this would be...
  3. Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?: Hi,I am wondering if it is possible to disable the ability to screen record within Snipping Tool? We do not want to fully disable/remove Snipping Tool from our devices, just prevent it from screen recording as we use it for screenshots still. Any advice on this would be...
  4. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  5. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  6. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

7. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...
  8. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...
  9. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e