Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click Snipping Tool/New, the screen greys out. Restarting the computer momentarily solves the problem, and after a few snips, the screen again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonCort, Aug 8, 2018.

1. SimonCort Win User

Snipping Tool

When I click Snipping Tool/New, the screen greys out. Restarting the computer momentarily solves the problem, and after a few snips, the screen again greys out. Help!

:)

SimonCort, Aug 8, 2018

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Aug 8, 2018
  3. snipping tool

In Win10 type Snip into the search box in your primary monitor toolbar. Snipping Tool will show up at the top of the list.

Steve Paltridge, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  3. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  4. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  5. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  6. Snipping Tool is glitched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool is glitched: Hello,There seems to be a glitch with the Snipping Tool using the arrow keys. Whenever I hold shift and arrow keys to create the snipping window, the corner does not align with the cursor. I've tried restarting the laptop Surface Pro 8, reinstalling the Snipping Tool, and...
  7. Snipping Tool is glitched

Snipping Tool is glitched: Hello,There seems to be a glitch with the Snipping Tool using the arrow keys. Whenever I hold shift and arrow keys to create the snipping window, the corner does not align with the cursor. I've tried restarting the laptop Surface Pro 8, reinstalling the Snipping Tool, and...
  8. snip tool crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  9. snip tool crashing

snip tool crashing: The snip tool shuts down as soon as video recording starts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-tool-crashing/1ffad4df-5178-4296-b26f-efc18ff36a48
  10. Snipping Tool - Where is the Ruler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool - Where is the Ruler?: Hi,There was an update to Win11 and the Ruler feature on the Snipping tool has been removed. Why has this useful tool been removed? Instead there is a replacement tool called "shapes" - not the same thing as ruler, sorry.Please bring back the ruler feature on the snipping...