Windows 10: So about group policies?

Discus and support So about group policies? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have a question which I have not run into before so Im asking for some help. I have a customer who wants to install windows 10 workstations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Glenn, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Glenn Win User

So about group policies?

So I have a question which I have not run into before so Im asking for some help.

I have a customer who wants to install windows 10 workstations instead of windows 7. However they want to have group policies set for individual application right vs user. IE. quickbooks can be upgraded by certain users throughout while everyone else can open it. but no other applications can be updated by all users.

I know I can set rights on a server for all users / etc but never tried to figure out specific application level group policies. Can this be done with windows 10 machines?

:)

Glenn, Aug 4, 2016

2. About creating groups

I have created a group in windows 8.1 mobile with four programs. Why does the group insist on having space for nine, so displaying minute icons? There's another next to it with four displayed perfectly.

lowerhopworthy, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Night1708 Win User
    Sending SMS text messages

I send a text message to a group of about 10 friends everyday.

Is there any way to setup a group so I don't have to everyday select everyones name from my contacts, Just to select the group and send?

Night1708, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

So about group policies?

1. So about group policies? - Similar Threads - group policies

2. Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out: I am utilizing a Surface machine with Windows 10. This morning everything was working fine and I could sign in using my fingerprint. This afternoon I got a message stating a Pin was required for login, but I do NOT have a pin setup because I disabled that requirement. So it...
  3. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554
  4. local group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  5. OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop: Hi, I'm interested in using the OneDrive "Important Folders" feature to backup all Documents and Pictures silently when users logon to devices but not the Desktop. I'd like to manage and push the setup out via Group policy settings. Running the latest ADMX files I can't...
  6. i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do: i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-81-i-want-to-turn-defender-on-keeps-popping/6eeea294-abc1-4fd9-bcac-5818673c0329
  7. Group Policy

Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  8. Software Whitelisting Group Policy changes not working after Windows 10 1903

Software Whitelisting Group Policy changes not working after Windows 10 1903: I whitelisted specific exe and paths using the Group Management Policy (safer) but after the recent 1903 update, it's not working anymore. I'm able to run an application from anywhere. Is there any change in the latest update which is causing the Group management policy to...
  9. Group Policy and the Apps List

Group Policy and the Apps List: I am working on a Windows 2012 R2 server that is the DC for my network. The employees all use Windows 10 machines governed by Group Policy. We restrict what they see in their Start Menu as well as what is in their apps list. We updated a few computers to see how they would...
  10. Need a "breakout" of the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a "breakout" of the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: Hi folks - Is there a "breakout" of the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10, so I can see all the permutations? It's a PITA switching back and forth for every line. A guide would be great. TIA! *Biggrin 135740