Windows 10: So did anyone get spring creators update?

Discus and support So did anyone get spring creators update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I read that it was going to some users the other day and wanna know if people have gotten it yet. As well as want to know what Microsoft borked this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

So did anyone get spring creators update?

I read that it was going to some users the other day and wanna know if people have gotten it yet. As well as want to know what Microsoft borked this time.

:)

Redbatman, Apr 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 1803

HI,

Does anyone know is Windows 10 Spring Creators Update is coming out today?

Many Thanks

Luke A'Court

LukeA'court, Apr 1, 2018
  3. jaykaywa Win User
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

The Spring Creators update did it again. Four different machines. What a pain in the butt.

jaykaywa, Apr 1, 2018
  4. So did anyone get spring creators update?

Hi,
    You can use the media creation tool if it's released it should create the media for it.
    Can't be any worse than 1709 I say *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 1, 2018
  5. 1709 is stable and solid. as for if the spring update is out yet i believe we still have at least a week before it starts rolling out to peeps.

xXWhackerXx, Apr 1, 2018
  6. Redbatman Win User
    I'm just nervous since each update Microsoft will break something or take a feature away. Personally I wish they would allow us the option to disable Cortana completely and not make here part of the search function anymore.

Redbatman, Apr 1, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Only Insiders have seen 1803 so far. Watch the News forum and you'll see threads on the Insider builds. There you'll find lots of comments from Insiders on what's new/working/borked, like this thread....

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast/Slow Build 17133 - Mar. 30

Bree, Apr 1, 2018
  8. So did anyone get spring creators update?

Hi,
    Easiest way to avoid first round would be to switch update settings off of "Targeted" option.

ThrashZone, Apr 1, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    Easy for you to say, you've got Pro. *Smile

We don't know what the OP has, it could be Home. From previous Features Updates, they only get rolled to the newest machines first - starting with the ones OEMs have tested for compatibility. The OP's 'custom' machine is probably going to have to wait months before windows update gets round to delivering it.

Bree, Apr 1, 2018
  10. bs on rollout being based on type of machine.

xXWhackerXx, Apr 1, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    Creators Update:
    Windows 10 Creators Update rollout: First phase update

Fall Creators Update:
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach

The final phase - 'everyone else' - is usually months down the line.

12. I already changed my updates to not "targeted". I would love to upgrade but after some borked systems in the past, I prefer to let it hit and then read here about the good, the bad and the ugly. *Tongue

Access Denied, Apr 1, 2018
  13. So did anyone get spring creators update?

Hi,
    Well as long as you keep a good system image you shouldn't have too many issues
    I still believe 1803 can't get any worse no matter how stable some people thing it is
    1607 was pretty stable 1703 & 09 were far from what I call stable *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 1, 2018
  14. Redbatman Win User
    Well to answer I'm using windows 10 home edition, though in hindsight I should have gotten pro or 7.

Redbatman, Apr 1, 2018
  15. xXWhackerXx, Apr 2, 2018
Thema:

So did anyone get spring creators update?

1. So did anyone get spring creators update? - Similar Threads - did anyone spring

2. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  3. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  4. another way to get Creators Update (spring)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another way to get Creators Update (spring): Installed 1803 from a converted ISO back before April 10th, after backing up all the data, currently having no issues--in place upgrade at the time, planning clean install when real build comes out whenever that is. So far runs all my games good, and such. I know was taking a...
  5. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date: Why are they waiting until April 10th to release this major update? It should be done by now for them to release it this week. 107233
  6. Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?

Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?: Wait a good 2 to 3 months after it comes out, everyone and their brother will be trying to update, I wait at least 6 months *Smile or even a full year. I have Pro so I can do that. But if I hear great things, maybe I`ll install it on the Z170 a bit sooner.
  7. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.
  8. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803): Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed. Thanks for...
  9. Preparing System for Spring Creators

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing System for Spring Creators: Hi All Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and such, debating on leaving Avast in or using Defender on my Intel I7 Desktop. Might do a clean install of the Spring...
  10. Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?

in Windows 10 News
    Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?: the name has slipped out, apparently... Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 103913