Windows 10: So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well?

Discus and support So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I upgrade to windows 10 for free will I also get the newer versions of Microsoft office word, excel, etc? Also can I roll back from an upgrade?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Max Pen, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Max Pen Win User

So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well?

If I upgrade to windows 10 for free will I also get the newer versions of Microsoft office word, excel, etc?

Also can I roll back from an upgrade? And what risks are there I might lose my data, programs and stuff?

:)

Max Pen, Jul 29, 2015
  2. KptDeb Win User

Loading Windows 10

I have an HP desktop with Office 13. I got a notice to upgrade to Windows 10, and when I did, the Office suite no longer works. I have spent hours with Microsoft support, and the only solution was to buy new Office software. So, the "free" upgrade will
    end up costing me the price of a new Office Suite. Microsoft offered absolutely no other option.

KptDeb, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Will the Microsoft Office software already uploaded on my computer be upgraded as well after upgrading to Windows 10?

* Original Title: Microsoft Office

So if I take advantage of this free offer and upgrade to Windows 10, will the Microsoft Office software already uploaded on my computer be upgraded as well or will I have to purchase a new product key? Also, will my files ie: documents, music, photos, and
    videos be saved as well?

Anna-Kay R., Jul 29, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

I don't think office is tied to the free offer.
    In theory one should be able to roll-back within 30 days of installation.
    However, I had a problem with roll-back on my initial upgrade from 8.1, with an error that files were missing and the rollback failed.
    It may be prudent to rather create an image before upgrading and restore that if required.

Superfly, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Max Pen Win User
    So I can just keep on using the office programs I use now, they won't be replaced?

Also is it normal the windows 10 tray icon is no longer visible as of today?

And finally how can I see my windows is legit from the MGADiag report?

What does a legit MGADiag report look like?

Max Pen, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yes -- the Windows 10 update is not related in any way to Windows Office products.

If you're interested in the new Office (2016), the Preview is available for free -- but you would need to remove the current Office version in order to use it. There are threads here in this forum about the Office Preview.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well? - Similar Threads - free upgrade office

2. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  3. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  4. I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...: I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no longer have that license key. Is there a way to look it up in Windows 10?...
  5. Free upgrade onto new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free upgrade onto new PC?: Hello. I am building a new PC soon and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have heard that I may be able to get this for free because Microsoft didn't stop the free upgrades despite the program officially ending. The problem I am having is that the articles I have read and...
  6. Office upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office upgrade: I purchased a new laptop in 2013 and upgraded to windows 10 thereafter, I'm now told I need to upgrade as some apps/software will no longer work after Jan. 14th. First off, is this true? Also, is the price I've been quoted correct $359.00 US dollars?...
  7. Office Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Upgrade: I have Office enterprise and have read that I can upgrade to office 2013. Is this a true statement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-upgrade/2dfd21c6-b88e-438c-bf86-f5cb7fa9d1b5
  8. Free upgrade?

Free upgrade?: I had a feeling this would have been asked already, but did a quick search and nothing came up: I was under the impression that the window (no pun intended) to upgrade to Windows 10 had passed a long time ago, but there are videos on Youtube etc that suggest you can still...
  9. free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    free upgrade: do we know who long to expect the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8? will it be 29th? 8657
  10. Upgrading not going well

Upgrading not going well: I am on build 1511 and I was ready to wipe my drive this morning and install 1703. I got the ISO from the Microsoft website and had it loaded to my thumb. But my first step did not go well so I wanted to ask what is the preferred method. Old days I use Parted Magic to...