Windows 10: So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading

Discus and support So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Microsoft Store appears to have a download limit applied to it. While I was downloading a 104GB Gears of War game from the store, Microsoft was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading

Hi there

I think the Ms server for the store is an old Netbook running XP !!!!

I don't bother with the store but I did a few tests and I concur that it is really slow -- I'm usually getting near 1Gb/s from my ISP (rolling out 10Gb/s next month) so it's definitely the store.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Redbatman Win User

I don't understand if I download an 80mb file from the store it takes a few minutes but with browsers and through applications like steam and battle.net I can download much faster?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Has anyone figured out the Skydrive issue. Why can't we see our own test messages?

There are some hacks (check wpcentral forums for the hacks) which allow you to see your backed up text messages.

By the standard design, you cannot see what text messages are backed up on SkyDrive. That is how Microsoft has designed the system.

Jay_answers, Apr 10, 2018
  4. garym123 Win User

Has anyone figured out the Skydrive issue. Why can't we see our own test messages?

When you backup you phone your SMS, phone settings and app list are backed up to you skydrive account. The only time they are used is when you do a reset and restore on your phone or use them when you set up a new phone.

garym123, Apr 10, 2018
  5. The Microsoft Store appears to have a download limit applied to it. While I was downloading a 104GB Gears of War game from the store, Microsoft was throttling my connection to less than half of what I get through my ISP.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading - Similar Threads - has anyone figured

2. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  3. Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023?: Has anyone figured out how to download xbox app on windows 10 in dec 2023? i keep getting an error code 0x80D02017 when trying to download it from the website and the microsoft store just keeps saying theres a problem on thier end and to try again....
  4. Random BSOD's - Can Anyone Figure Out Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD's - Can Anyone Figure Out Why?: Hello,I've been experiencing random BSODs recently. I RMA'd the memory I had been using when this started, because it failed memtest. The replacement memory passes memtest. It will usually throw different error codes and the events seem to be different. I'm not quite sure why...
  5. Random BSOD's - Can Anyone Figure Out Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's - Can Anyone Figure Out Why?: Hello,I've been experiencing random BSODs recently. I RMA'd the memory I had been using when this started, because it failed memtest. The replacement memory passes memtest. It will usually throw different error codes and the events seem to be different. I'm not quite sure why...
  6. Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10.: Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10. One day I got a message that said Microsoft had determined that Jewelquest two was a security risk and removed it from my computor. I purchased this game on a cd many years ago and it has never caused...
  7. Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10.: Has anyone figured out why JewelQuest two won't run on Windows 10. One day I got a message that said Microsoft had determined that Jewelquest two was a security risk and removed it from my computor. I purchased this game on a cd many years ago and it has never caused...
  8. Why is the store download so slow?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is the store download so slow?: I have an internet speed of around 1 Gbit / s. On Steam I usually get around 120 MByte / s, but on Microsoft Store and in their apps I end up with only 20 Mbit / s, which is terribly slow. Now I'm trying to download Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is about 95GB from what...
  9. Why is the store downloading so slow.

Why is the store downloading so slow.: I have an internet speed of around 1Gbit/s. In Steam I usualy get around 100MByte/s but in the Microsoft Store and in its applications I end up with a mere 26Mbit/s which is awfully slow. Im now trying to download Microsofts Flight Simulator which is about 91GB so the...
  10. Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?

Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?: To be clear I know for fact this issue will not be fixed. Not only have I stumbled across numerous threads of people with the same issue and customer service is pure trash simply because they don't have a fix for it. I'm simply here to complain and honestly baffled that a...