Windows 10: So Very Disappointed With Win 10

Discus and support So Very Disappointed With Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am so disappointed with Windows 10. I was happy with Win 7 but then Microsoft offered Win 10 for free and it was going to be new and improved and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeeB, Aug 21, 2015.

1. LeeB Win User

So Very Disappointed With Win 10

I am so disappointed with Windows 10. I was happy with Win 7 but then Microsoft offered Win 10 for free and it was going to be new and improved and people were going to love the easy way the transformation was going to be...

So I was duped into upgrading thinking I could go back to Win 7 if Win 10 was not to my liking... I tried to go back to Win 7 only to be told I'm sorry but some of the components where removed to be able to install Win 10. So you can not go back to Win 7..... I am sure it was something I did wrong in the install. My laptop came with Win 7 installed and I can not read the product number on the sticker.... So I'm stuck with Win 10

Now I am on vacation traveling this beautiful country having to deal with Win 10... Plus I am scared to death they are going to do a major upgrade and use up all my Data....... My pictures I am taking are not being downloaded right. I have to manually download them and copy and Paste them to a file I understand......

All and all Win 10 maybe fine for some but for me I am very very disappointed with it. I have been a PC kind of guy ever since I learned computers...... But I think the next computer I get will be APPLE...... If I have to learn something new all over again it may as well be something that is stable........ Sorry Microsoft but you may have lost a very loyal customer.....

Yes this a Pity Party *cake for me But I bet I'm not alone..........

:)

2. On Windows 10 how do i get rid of Groove Music and put Internet Explorer on the Taskbar?

I don't want Groove Music. I prefer Windows Media Player.

I bought and paid for my computer w/ Windows. Why can't I control it rather than Microsoft?

Disappointed with 10, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Internet live spades on Win 10

I just downloaded Win 10 from 7. I was an avid player of internet spades with Win 7 but with Win 10 it's gone. Why can't we have that game back. I am very disappointed.

THOMAS Bas, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

No your not alone from windows 7 Home Premium windows 10 is a downgrade.

5. Have you tried an in-place upgrade to repair your Windows install yet? The installer (Media Creation Tool) will update creating a more stable system than even a clean install from July 29th, or at least it did for me. Whatever you do, best of luck!

fracking4oil, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    People that fail to back up their data and fail to have re-install media in case of an upgrade failure have no one to blame but themselves. They have no business attempting an upgrade if they are not fully prepared or don't understand what they are doing.

Antilope, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Oh, please. Nobody told you to NOT back up your system. Nobody told you to NOT verify your old product key so you could re-install. Those are on you, and have nothing to do with Windows 10.

Sounds like you made some mistakes and are trying to blame Windows 10 for them.

Mystere, Aug 21, 2015
  8. So Very Disappointed With Win 10

Com'on guys! Wouldn't it be more productive if perhaps we can help him have a more pleasant experience? Bashing him, does nothing except maybe make him (and even you) even more frustrated and upset.

fracking4oil, Aug 21, 2015
  9. And Windows 7 is a downgrade from Windows XP (but an upgrade from Vista).

Here's my take on it:

Windows 3.x --> Windows 95 = upgrade
    Windows 95 --> Windows 98 = upgrade
    Windows 98 --> Windows Me = downgrade
    Windows 98 --> Windows 2000 = upgrade
    Windows 2000 --> Windows XP = upgrade
    Windows XP --> Windows Vista = downgrade
    Windows XP --> Windows 7 = downgrade
    Windows Vista --> Windows 7 = upgrade
    Windows 7 --> Windows 8 = downgrade
    Windows 7 --> Windows 10 = downgrade
    Windows 8 --> Windows 10 = upgrade

MaximRecoil, Aug 21, 2015
  10. brummyfan Win User
    If you haven't deleted windows.old folder, try this to go back to Win7.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-...dows-7-or-8.1/

brummyfan, Aug 21, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    To get your old key use @Superfly 's ShowKeyPlus. The red arrow is my old key(note to post I clicked the key numbers which blends out most of the number, but you will be able to see the full one on yours and save it to a file.

You can then re-download your Windows 7 version and do a clean install, just go to the following tutorial on how to clean install and click the link to download your version and architecture(32 or 64 bit): http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  12. LT2000 Win User
    I am liking Win 10 and coming from 7. Why are people thinking it is a downgrade?

LT2000, Aug 21, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

The ones not having troubles with upgrade but still think it's a downgrade are mostly uncomfortable with interface and new features.

CountMike, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I agree with Mike, and have 2 more words to add: Choice & Taste.

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I've posted this enough times and so have others -- TAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE DOING ANY UPGRADES -- should be second nature.

If people don't do this then EVERYTHING is a total exercise in futility.

As far as W7 vs W10 is concerned - I can't see what all the fuss is about -- apart from W10 offering a BETTER SEARCH, a Nicer menu, certainly better security (built in) and the ability to use Storage spaces you could probably run W10 exactly as your old W7 system.

If you don't like it just SAY WHAT'S WRONG - it might be you are using it incorrectly or whatever -- and if you REALLY don't like it just restore your old W7 OS and carry on and forget about W10.

You don't have to use Tiles or any of that stuff if you don't want to - just delete them from the menu.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. So Very Disappointed With Win 10 - Similar Threads - Very Disappointed

2. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  3. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  4. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  5. PC very slow after 24H2 update

PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  6. Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!: Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-xeon-e3-1270-v5-processor-not-supported/33eea9e1-baf6-4ce1-815f-512ee6f3cd71
  7. Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!

Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!: Why is my Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor not supported by windows 11.Very disappointed !!!!!!Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-xeon-e3-1270-v5-processor-not-supported/33eea9e1-baf6-4ce1-815f-512ee6f3cd71
  8. New Surface keeps crashing very disappointing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Surface keeps crashing very disappointing: Computer keeps getting blue screen and crashed a new £2400 computer unacceptable performance see details below need urgent solution this is used for work and causing production issues...
  9. New Surface keeps crashing very disappointing

New Surface keeps crashing very disappointing: Computer keeps getting blue screen and crashed a new £2400 computer unacceptable performance see details below need urgent solution this is used for work and causing production issues...
  10. Very disappointed ...

in Browsers and Email
    Very disappointed ...: Disappointed that Microsoft ***still*** hasn't fixed the window position problem for Edge in their latest update for Windows 10 (10586.104). The problem of Edge not remembering its last window position has been present since day one of Windows 10's release, and it still...