Windows 10: Software for playing back full 2160p content

Discus and support Software for playing back full 2160p content in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there If you are lucky enough to have FAST unlimited broadband you might catch some of the new 2160p content - but you will need 106GB or so PER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Software for playing back full 2160p content

Hi there

If you are lucky enough to have FAST unlimited broadband you might catch some of the new 2160p content - but you will need 106GB or so PER 50 - 60 Min episode. !!!!

Once you've downloaded it however is there any software around that can handle it yet. !!!!!

VLC will eventually do it but not now (at least it handles X265 format though). With VLC I just get Black / grey screen. Audio works and "Down rez" to 1080p works but what's the point of doing that when I can catch the 1080p stuff - about 450 - 650 MB with X265 codec anyway. However down rezzing it does actually work !!

I've got a proper large ultra 4K HD monitor so with the right software it should easily play 2160p stuff natively.

Software for playing back full 2160p content [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 26, 2016

2. Video is stuttering when playing mkv files with any media player. It's a Surface Pro 4.

Which media players have you tried? MP4 and MKV are containers, so did you ensure the audio and video codecs used in both types of test files were exactly the same? If not, take any MP4 that plays back smoothly and convert it to an MKV
    without re-encoding using
    mkvmerge GUI
    (basically just drag & drop onto that app and save as MKV, preferably with the header compression option turned off). It should not take very long to do this and you'll end up with the exact same contents of the MP4 in an MKV container instead.
    Now play the MKV with various media players and see if it stutters.

RobertJWin, Mar 26, 2016
  3. hyper v and windows subsystems for linux beta and powershell

1080p lcd with 2160p led backlight

phillipjones macon, Mar 26, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Nobody on this Forum using 2160p movies yet ??? can't believe that with all the serious gamers here !!! talking about extreme video cards etc.

So any software around for playing this content -- Netflix USA users - how are you playing this on your TV's etc. or all you all down-rezzing to 1080p.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Last "Bump" on this thread

But really peeps -- is there nobody here using 2160p or better these days. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Software for playing back full 2160p content - Similar Threads - Software playing full

2. get a full screen back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get a full screen back: how do I get a full screen back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-a-full-screen-back/d66eb4e7-0bd4-4174-b1b6-d3411e873a0e
  3. Windows Full Back Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Full Back Up: I am looking to create my first full back up of my laptop which has a Windows 11 operating system. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I have tried a few self-help videos.I have a few questions:- I have a paid Microsoft 365 account and OneDrive and I have enabled a...
  4. UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CONTENT SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CONTENT SOFTWARE: HiI am using MacBook Air and I have installed windows 10 in it using BootcampI am using a software called Ott player in it but I encountered an error "Media player cannot run in virtual machine/virtual mode"This software is running on another system perfectly but not in...
  5. UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CONTENT SOFTWARE

UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CONTENT SOFTWARE: HiI am using MacBook Air and I have installed windows 10 in it using BootcampI am using a software called Ott player in it but I encountered an error "Media player cannot run in virtual machine/virtual mode"This software is running on another system perfectly but not in...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CONTENT SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Software to inspect/browse content of disk

Software to inspect/browse content of disk: I'm looking for a software that allows to browse/inspect the content of a disk (ssd, hdd etc.) when the device is shut down, if it also allows to copy the content to a usb it'd be excellent. I can't find any, to what kind of software category/type does a software like this...
  8. Full disk encryption software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full disk encryption software: Hello, I'm looking to fully encrypt a few computers at the house (running Windows 10 Home Edition). It seems most companies out there sell only to enterprise customers. I need something simple (my wife will never agree to dealing with VeraCrypt. You feel my pain?). I'm...
  9. about playing hdr content

in Windows 10 Customization
    about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  10. Problem playing mjpeg video content

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem playing mjpeg video content: I have some avi files in mjpeg format. Unable to play them with Windows Media Player. I believe the Softpeg v2.2 codec is recommended for these files. Are there not native Windows 10 codecs to play mjpeg format files? Please let me know. Thanks...