Windows 10: software install: Administrative Privileges Required

Discus and support software install: Administrative Privileges Required in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts. I've updated the machine, and allowed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zane Donaldson, Aug 6, 2018.

1. software install: Administrative Privileges Required

Hi All,

I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts.

I've updated the machine, and allowed all group policies to apply. I have verified that my domain admin account is a local admin on the PC.

When I try to install MS Office from a click-to-run installer, i get an error message with this title: Administrative Privileges Required

what's strange is when I right-click on the installer and choose "run as administrator, I never get the UAC, but the same error message simply pops up.

Any ideas what might be going on?

:)

Zane Donaldson, Aug 6, 2018

2. Not Able to install, uninstall any software. Windows 10 Administrator password required for every action

Hello Amit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the user account you are logged into is an administrator account or not. If not, I suggest you to login to the computer
    Administrator account.

Secondly, I suggest you to check if there are any other user account in your computer with admin privileges.

To do so, open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check all the user accounts created in the computer. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

Kindly keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Wil501 Win User

software install: Administrative Privileges Required

how to fix problem (a required privilege is not held by the client ) in windows 10

I followed all the steps here but my problem has not been resolved.

When I try to run a new program (as Administrator) I get error

"A required privilege is not held by the client "

I'm using an ASUS laptop with Windows 10

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Wil501, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

software install: Administrative Privileges Required

1. software install: Administrative Privileges Required - Similar Threads - software install Administrative

2. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  3. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  4. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  6. Storage optimization requires administrative privileges

Storage optimization requires administrative privileges: i have recently been getting a strange message from windows defrag when ever i log into windows. the message reads "Storage optimization requires administrative privileges. To Perform this task, you must log on using an administrator account" I am the only user of this...
  7. Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.: Following clean install of Windows 10 v1909 (Build 18363.476) x64, I am unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.' even though my account says I have them. [ATTACH]...
  8. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...: Checked community posts to solve this problem and advice generally advises to perform operations not available in my verions, like turning on or off user admin or typing into cmd promoter "User...."...
  9. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...
  10. Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator privileges required

2. office 2016 administrative privileges required

3. software error administrator privileges

4. how to install with administrator privileges,
  5. office install admin privileges required,
  6. installing office administrative priveleges required,
  7. cant install office administrative privileges required,
  8. office administrator priveleges required,
  9. 0-1005 requires administrative privileges,
  10. administrator privilage required to install office,
  11. .Administrator Privilege is required to install the driver,
  12. how to uninstall a program after installing with elevated admin privaledges,
  13. Administrative privileges are required for installation,
  14. administrator privileges are required resolved,
  15. administrator privileges are required to install driver