Windows 10: Software installation problems after clean install

Discus and support Software installation problems after clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of the OS with my PC. After the clean install, many of my softwares are not installing sucessfully. Many of them are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charles Ligus, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Software installation problems after clean install

I recently did a clean install of the OS with my PC. After the clean install, many of my softwares are not installing sucessfully. Many of them are just getting stuck in the installation process. All my drivers installed fine, but not softwares. A video software I have which installs from a disc gets stuck at around 96% in the installation.

are there any certain processes i should be looking for in task manager just to make sure im not misjudging anything?

:)

Charles Ligus, Jul 8, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

Software installation problems after clean install

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Blogs de dietas y perdida de peso | Lo que aún no sabes!

Wile E, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Software installation problems after clean install

1. Software installation problems after clean install - Similar Threads - Software installation problems

2. Clean Install - Fixes all software problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install - Fixes all software problems?: Hi all,If I do a clean install where I delete all partitions on my drive and install windows 10 on a new partition, it should resolve all software related issues right?So essentially what I'm asking if it's redundant to do commands like:sfc scanDISMchkdskfixmbrAnd any other...
  3. dll problem after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    dll problem after clean install: I have just carried out a clean reinstall of windows 10 - latest version as downloaded as part of reinstall. So far no problems other than a message on boot up saying there is a problem with TVicport.dll and suggesting I reinstall it. How do I reinstall/install DLL files?...
  4. dll problem after clean install

dll problem after clean install: I have just carried out a clean reinstall of windows 10 - latest version as downloaded as part of reinstall. So far no problems other than a message on boot up saying there is a problem with TVicport.dll and suggesting I reinstall it. How do I reinstall/install DLL files?...
  5. BSOD problems after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD problems after clean install: Hi, I have recently performed a fresh install of windows, by booting from a USB (I used the choose a device in troubleshooting if that helps). And when I am playing video games, my game will freeze for a bit and then a BSOD with critical process died, or unexpected store...
  6. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  7. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  8. Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times): I have had to clean install my OS everyday for the past 3 weeks to keep my PC working. It seems everytime i do a clean install, one or another program will not install correctly, or something else, and mess up everything and cause my PC to be unfixable without a reinstall of...
  9. Clean installation problems

Clean installation problems: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto my SSD. When I boot my ISO off the flash drive I get to where I have to select to storage device and sometimes it says the compatibility is wrong and sometimes it's fine I've tried swapping them between GPT and MBR as well...
  10. clean install problems

clean install problems: Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong...