Windows 10: Software installations

Discus and support Software installations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Laptop for which I have installed Windows 10. This machine does not have an optical drive. I have Office Home and Student... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by terrytms, Jan 22, 2016.

1. terrytms Win User

Software installations

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Laptop for which I have installed Windows 10. This machine does not have an optical drive.
    I have Office Home and Student 2007 for which I have downloaded the installation files. For this I provided Microsoft the 25 character product code.
    Upon trying to install thisdownload I get a message to enter the 25 character code. Here lies the problem where do I access a display to enter this code?
    I would be grateful for any help in this matter.
    Terry Stringer
    *Mad

:)

terrytms, Jan 22, 2016
  2. farby Win User

applications installations

Normally when you receive the .sis application file thru' Bluetooth, it gets received in the INBOX... Simply clicking on the received message starts the installation...

farby, Jan 22, 2016
  3. krizanand Win User
    Installations

I assume your phone is N9, go to settings > installations > Allow installations from non-store sources. Slide the button to allow, when you install an application(.deb file in case of N9) from other source you will get a warning.

krizanand, Jan 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Software installations

Simply before installing, write the code down and enter the code when installing.

5. terrytms Win User
    That's the problem where do I enter the code. I do not get any display to allow me to enter the code.

terrytms, Jan 22, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    When I installed Office 2013 I entered the key after I installed Office. It's when you start to use say, word, you'll be prompted to enter a key.

HTH

BunnyJ, Jan 22, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    A screenshot or something would be helpful with better understanding the problem as I interpret the question wrong everytime I read it *Redface

8. davidhk Win User

Software installations

davidhk, Jan 22, 2016
  9. terrytms Win User
    When I get the message to enter the product code there is no evidence that the application installation is progressing. How do I tell if the installation is progressing as it doesn't appear to be.

terrytms, Jan 22, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    2007 version does not work the same way as 2013, apparently.
    You need to enter the key before you can start the installation.

As I had said. I have had reinstalled Office 2007 many times. I am quite sure I know what I am saying.

davidhk, Jan 22, 2016
  11. terrytms Win User
    Software installations [​IMG]

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear but in old windows OS's you could always see the application installation running but this does not appear to be the case in W10.I would enter the code if a screen was provided for me to do so but it's not. I've attached a screen print which is all I see. The only option is to close the message which ends the installation.

terrytms, Jan 22, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    I apologize.

I have never seen this message before and I am using the same version.

I was wrong and I take back what I have said.
    Sorry.

This is what I will see when I try to install 2007 Home & Student :

davidhk, Jan 22, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Software installations

I don't think you can resize the window?
    Looks like the size of the Window is just too small to show the rest.

14. terrytms Win User
    That's what I used to have. However, I would like to thank you all for trying to help. In the end I tried something really stupid and just typed the code on the keyboard and guess what it worked. SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION. I don't know if the message box was displayed incompletely in which I should have been able to type in the code or not.

terrytms, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Software installations

1. Software installations - Similar Threads - Software installations

2. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  3. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  4. Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.: I tried installing Diadem software in PC with specification Window 10 pro, version 22H2, 16GB RAM,OS build 19045.4123, processor i7-4790. After the installation is done its asking for runtime .NET Framework v 4.6.2. if tried to install V 4.6.2 run time getting an error that v...
  5. Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.: I tried installing Diadem software in PC with specification Window 10 pro, version 22H2, 16GB RAM,OS build 19045.4123, processor i7-4790. After the installation is done its asking for runtime .NET Framework v 4.6.2. if tried to install V 4.6.2 run time getting an error that v...
  6. Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.

7. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  8. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  9. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...
  10. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...