Windows 10: Software mirror drive - What if OS changed

Discus and support Software mirror drive - What if OS changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If the OS used to set up a mirror drive is changed to W7, W8 or a different install of W10, does the mirror drive has to be set up from scratch again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by churin, Oct 27, 2015.

1. churin Win User

Software mirror drive - What if OS changed

If the OS used to set up a mirror drive is changed to W7, W8 or a different install of W10, does the mirror drive has to be set up from scratch again?

:)

churin, Oct 27, 2015
  2. kane101 Win User

Volmgrx internal error Windows 10

CheckDisk Repair didn't work for me unfortunately.

My problem was that Windows updates broke my RAID 1 Software Mirror of drive C

Solution was to boot into my mirrored copy by choosing Boot Alternative OS from the recovery tools.

I could then boot like normal, then I re-synced my Mirror.

You can also use MSConfig to change the secondary copy to be default while you try and fix the broken copy.

kane101, Oct 27, 2015
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Backup Instructions; Windows 10 Home

So is there no free Software available that would image/Backup the entire C:\ drive that would include the OS, Programs.....files...folders...a Mirror ....and each time you make a change that change gets updated in the Backup.....??

So if your HDD fails, you need only purchase a New HDD, and restore the backup to the new Drive, it will boot up to windows and you'll have everything you had on the old drive...like the crash never happened?

denmarfl, Oct 27, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

If upgrading to Windows 10 (run the setup from Windows 7 or 8) it should automatically care for that. If you do a clean-install of Windows 10, then probably yes.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  5. churin Win User
    Do you mean I have to empty data from the two drive to start over and there is no way to use the two drive with synced data?

churin, Oct 27, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Take a full system backup to be on the safe side. Then try upgrading and see. If you get any problems, restore the backup, but probably you won't. Is there any way to rebuilt the RAID using Windows own Disk Management and not the third party tool? This would ensure that you can upgrade without fear.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Software mirror drive - What if OS changed - Similar Threads - Software mirror drive

2. Menu Bar and Other Changes to Software and the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menu Bar and Other Changes to Software and the OS: I was looking at the thread regarding the menu bar in browsers, which is locked. And I have to agree with the overwhelming majority of users.Why was it deleted? Why are geeks so f'n dumb? Why change things that work perfectly and f up things for people, just for the sake of...
  3. Menu Bar and Other Changes to Software and the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu Bar and Other Changes to Software and the OS: I was looking at the thread regarding the menu bar in browsers, which is locked. And I have to agree with the overwhelming majority of users.Why was it deleted? Why are geeks so f'n dumb? Why change things that work perfectly and f up things for people, just for the sake of...
  4. Changing OS drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing OS drive: So, my HDD is getting old, and I am planning maybe getting an SSD as my OS drive. I'll reset my HDD, but I just want to know how to change it over without having to pay for it again seeing as it is still the same computer. I'll then use the HDD as the one where I keep files...
  5. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  6. Two OS drives ? For what ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two OS drives ? For what ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ct0nl2b253p41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=593cabdc6c20455733e5fb87895452af6d724b69 Hello Reddit, I'm a bit confused as to why I have OS(C) and OS(D). Windows 10 is installed once only in OS(C) SSD, upon checking defragment...
  7. What happens when a striped and mirrored drive dies?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens when a striped and mirrored drive dies?: So im just wondering, how does Windows react when one of the drives making up half of a striped volume in disk management dies? Does Windows continue to mount and allow me to view what’s on the other drive? What about when this happens to a mirrored volume? Is the surviving...
  8. Change OS Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change OS Drive Letter: I've got a two hard drive laptop set up and I'd like the OS to be on my faster 256GB OCZ RD400 SSD but with a letter other than C: I don't care what letter, just not C. My larger 1 TB drive, is what I'd like to label as C: without the operating system on it. I use DropBox...
  9. How to change drive letter of mirror drive

How to change drive letter of mirror drive: I have just set up a mirror drive(software RAID1) and want to change the drive letter. I am getting a message "The parameter is incorrect". I am wondering if I am stuck with the one assigned when the mirror drive was set up. 27607
  10. Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC

Moving Software Mirrored Drives To New PC: I have 2 drives that were using windows mirroring (Under Disk Management) in my old PC. I've moved them to my new PC, but made a mistake. I'm only running Windows 10 Home instead of Pro. So when I imported foreign disks they came in as 2 separate disks instead of 1....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volmgrx internal error

2. VOlmgRx_Internal_Error windows7 Fix