Windows 10: software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL

Discus and support software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; don't discount software RAID 0 Using Windows Ubuntu Linux subsystem with a few mods to get GUI stuff to work. Transferring Audio to external XFS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 6, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL

don't discount software RAID 0

Using Windows Ubuntu Linux subsystem with a few mods to get GUI stuff to work.

Transferring Audio to external XFS (Linux) formatted USB3 drive from Linux HDD RAW drive attached to WSL.
    No SSD's involved

160 MB/s (note not 160 Mb/s) very happy with that performance - especially to external passport 3TB type self powered pocket sized USB drive for backup..

still getting very nice throughput and across a network too -- source is my NAS server, target is external USB drive connected to USB3 port and mounted on ubuntu subsystem on Windows.

software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 6, 2018
Thema:

software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL

1. software RAID 0 - Disk XFER 160 MB/s to external HDD (USB3) on WSL - Similar Threads - software RAID Disk

2. Windows software raid 0 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows software raid 0 issue: My raid 0 is missing, when reconnecting the drives, I can see them both in the Disk Management as foreign disks, however when I click on import, I get 2 options both showing " import disk group disk 1 of 1, if I click ok I get a warning that a volume is missing, so I cancel....
  3. Windows software raid 0 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows software raid 0 issue: My raid 0 is missing, when reconnecting the drives, I can see them both in the Disk Management as foreign disks, however when I click on import, I get 2 options both showing " import disk group disk 1 of 1, if I click ok I get a warning that a volume is missing, so I cancel....
  4. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S: I've been trying to update my game since last night, it was working fine so I left it on overnight to install but when I woke up it was stuck at 66%. Even though it said 56gb out of 56gb. So I paused the update and hit resume and now it shows that it has no progress and is at...
  5. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S: I've been trying to update my game since last night, it was working fine so I left it on overnight to install but when I woke up it was stuck at 66%. Even though it said 56gb out of 56gb. So I paused the update and hit resume and now it shows that it has no progress and is at...
  6. Game Updates Stuck At 0 MB/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.: USB [mainly] USB3 CABLE connectors: The new SSD disks are really a pain keeping connected as the Connectors are so small they do not to stay connected. The female connector is small not like the older BIGGER USB1 and USB3 did. The slightest wiggle they come loose and Windows...
  8. Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.: USB [mainly] USB3 CABLE connectors: The new SSD disks are really a pain keeping connected as the Connectors are so small they do not to stay connected. The female connector is small not like the older BIGGER USB1 and USB3 did. The slightest wiggle they come loose and Windows...
  9. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  10. Hard Disk 100% usage when 0 MB/s is used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk 100% usage when 0 MB/s is used: As the title says; my laptop is showing me that he hard disk is using a full 100% capacity when the MB/s is 0. My laptop runs really slowly and sometimes just restarts out of the blue or freezes. I've already tried the following: Booting in safe mode and running an...