Windows 10: software that that autocopies new files to ext hdd when connected?

Discus and support software that that autocopies new files to ext hdd when connected? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop and an external portable hdd. Every three months I manually copy and paste all photo files and video files created since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by provlima, Oct 8, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

software that that autocopies new files to ext hdd when connected?

I have a laptop and an external portable hdd.

Every three months I manually copy and paste all photo files and video files created since the last backup to the respective folders on my portable backup drive.

Is there any backup software that will automatically back up new photo and video files to the portable drive created since the last backup when the portable drive is connected to my laptop????

:)

provlima, Oct 8, 2016
  2. revmns Win User

Onedrive Crashing

When onedrive was shutdown, I deleted the onedrive folder on my D: drive. Once I restarted onedrive, it gave me the cant find error and allowed me to re-setup onedrive. This is where I was able to move everything. If you have a lot of files, copy the contents
    of the drive to an ext hdd before deleting. Once new folder is set up, copy files from ext hdd to the new location. It will keep you from having to download gigs of files (if that be the case).

Hope this helps.

revmns, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Fasil Vh Win User
    MBR TO GPT without losing data

Hi,

I am existing windows user, and i am change my motherboard and try to install windows on ext hdd. the disk part is not work( can't select ext win OS partition the hdd is only support to install win 7. the error is hdd is changed to mbr mode. The solution
    is fully format the hdd.

How can i install win 10 and without losing data.?

Fasil Vh, Oct 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

1. software that that autocopies new files to ext hdd when connected? - Similar Threads - software autocopies files

2. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  3. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need to reformat a ext HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to reformat a ext HDD: Hello - I have a new 2TB HDD for a laptop. I formatted it and created partitions, but failed to create enough space for the C: drive. So I want to start over, but after deleting the partitions, File Mgr is not detecting the HDD. I am using AOMEI Disk Part and it recognizes...
  6. Access to Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Ext HDD: I found that to use my Ext HDD, I needed to go to the Control panel and declare it as a Backup Storage device. Prior to a week or so ago, all I had to do was plug the ext HDD into my laptop via USB. But now that I have declared it a Backup device, I am still unable to see it...
  7. ext HDD make connection sound when plugged in, then ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ext HDD make connection sound when plugged in, then ?: I have several HDD in ext cases I use for storing files. recently, a couple made the music as if it was connected but it never appeared in Win Explorer. Suggestions?...
  8. Unable to access Ext HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access Ext HDD.: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 10 using the media creation tool, using my hdd as a flash drive for the update. After the update the hdd reads as ESD-USB and I can't access the files stored in it! Please help and thanks in advance....
  9. Ext HDD Can't remove file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ext HDD Can't remove file: Win10 1903 64 On my Ext HDD I have a windows.old file that was backed up before. I have tried resetting all the permissions and ownership but no luck. Every time I try to delete it, it begins...gets to 99% and then stops. I even tried moving it back to my pcPC from which it...
  10. WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity: I have an external HDD and from what I can see in the task manager, it is constantly being read or used by some process. I ran Process Monitor and filtered it down the the drive letter and I see that the process wmiprvse is the only process there. I did some research on it...