Windows 10: Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi

Discus and support Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 64-bit home on a laptop. We travel. Regularly. And when we do, we're on Verizon on a metered connection... Yesterday, something went nuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GracieAllen, May 22, 2018.

1. Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi

Windows 10 64-bit home on a laptop.

We travel. Regularly. And when we do, we're on Verizon on a metered connection... Yesterday, something went nuts and burned about 3.4 GB of data in an hour. It was unpleasant and I"d like a better understanding of WHAT is using data.

I'm looking for a utility or good software (preferably free, but if necessary I'd buy one if it was VERY good) that will run on the laptop and tell me what's doing what with the wifi. Both apps and system. At any give time, a way to see that "in the last x minutes, application z has read n megabytes and sent y megabytes"... So, something like:

16:34 In the last 10 minutes, Facebook has read 3.9 MB and sent .55 MB...

So, I"m after not just some graph of usage, but I'd like to know WHAT is using it...

Recommendations?

:)

GracieAllen, May 22, 2018

2. how do i find out how much data i have used on my new nokia lumia 520

how to find out that how much data phone used from my mobile data and wifi ?

Prashantne, May 22, 2018
  3. Can't see 'Keep wifi on when the screen times out' checkbox?

See post below on Microsoft WP8 support site; I do not see this option on my phone. Please help. I am using WP8.1 OS version 8.10.12397.895. I'm using Nokia 630 Dual SIM Network Unlocked phone.

"Depending on your mobile operator, your WiFi may turn off when your screen times out and turns off. If you want WiFi to stay on, in
    Settings > WiFi, tap
    Manage, then tick the Keep WiFi on when the screen times out checkbox. Your phone can then use a WiFi connection even when the screen is off. This uses battery power, though, so your battery life
    can be shorter compared to when WiFi turns off when the screen times out.

To keep WiFi on when the screen times out, your phone needs to have Windows Phone software version 8.0.10211.204 or later. See
    How do I update my phone software? for more information about how to update your phone."

Sachin-Jain, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi

1. Software to see what, when, how much data is going in or out on wifi - Similar Threads - Software much data

2. wifi going out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi going out: I have a laptop that is at least 6 years old and about a month ago the internet connection disappears. first the other wifi networks disappears then the connected wifi network says no internet connection and when you disconnect and want to reconnect it says no wifi network....
  3. wifi going out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi going out: I have a laptop that is at least 6 years old and about a month ago the internet connection disappears. first the other wifi networks disappears then the connected wifi network says no internet connection and when you disconnect and want to reconnect it says no wifi network....
  4. wifi going out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 disconnects from the wifi when using too much data on wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 disconnects from the wifi when using too much data on wifi: Recently my PC keeps disconnecting from the wifi, but my other gadgets doesn't, so its not my Router/Wifi. My PC disconnects when I'm watching Youtube, Playing Games, and/or On a Zoom Call. But it works when I'm using chatting Websites like Discord and when I'm Web...
  6. My Windows 10 disconnects from the wifi when using too much data on wifi

My Windows 10 disconnects from the wifi when using too much data on wifi: Recently my PC keeps disconnecting from the wifi, but my other gadgets doesn't, so its not my Router/Wifi. My PC disconnects when I'm watching Youtube, Playing Games, and/or On a Zoom Call. But it works when I'm using chatting Websites like Discord and when I'm Web...
  7. My Windows 10 disconnects from the wifi when using too much data on wifi

8. how much data will be removed during reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how much data will be removed during reinstall: Hi,I am a Windows 11 Beta insider user and I am now frustrated with windows 11 bc of so many bugs and slow performance. I want to reinstall windows 10 and I have this question:During the reinstall of Windows 10 using Installation media will the Data on only the C:/ Drive will...
  9. What is a good windows data recovery software ?

What is a good windows data recovery software ?: My external HDD is corrupted . I tried to check the contents in it with an Ubuntu live cd but the external HDD is showing empty . I think i lost a terrabyte of documents , software and photos Are there any good software i can try to recover data from that HDD . I have used...
  10. see what is using data

see what is using data: Hi i have bridge my two nic cars so i have want to see what is using up so much data. i have a lot of devices [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-what-is-using-data/8190c584-7ba4-4939-9ffe-7e70a8a897bb